ON THE GRAND....what's the deal with NO

winncruiser

nightstands OR queen size beds on the Caribe deck mid-ship. When I try to book one of these cabins on Princess.com it shows "no nightstands" beside the cabin number and when I click the cabin and go to the "bed" option, only twin beds are available. Any clue what this is about? Are the rooms set up differently than the other ships?

Thanks so much!

I think the ones showing the 4 occupancy ones where the bed ladders come down in the middle? Those beds may be secured in position for safety reasons.

nightstands OR queen size beds on the Caribe deck mid-ship. When I try to book one of these cabins on Princess.com it shows "no nightstands" beside the cabin number and when I click the cabin and go to the "bed" option, only twin beds are available. Any clue what this is about? Are the rooms set up differently than the other ships?

Thanks so much!

There are a handful of quad cabins on the Grand that have no nightstands and the lower two beds cannot be configured into a queen bed. The reason is to make room for the upper berths. I believe these cabins are smaller than the standard cabin size. I would hesitate before I booked one of these cabins.

There are a handful of quad cabins on the Grand that have no nightstands and the lower two beds cannot be configured into a queen bed. The reason is to make room for the upper berths. I believe these cabins are smaller than the standard cabin size. I would hesitate before I booked one of these cabins.

Good advice..

Srpilo

This sounds like the cabin we had on the Grand on a TA and West Europe cruise. It was cabin B 433. This cabin was midship. It seemed as if they built the ship front to back and back to front with the idea of meeting in the middle. Where they met, there was not enough space for a full cabin so they made a narrow one to fit. It was narrow. There were two beds that extended feet toward the balcony on either side of the cabin separated by an aisle. Instead of bed stands they had a niche for storeage right above the headboard of the bed. The cabn was laid out in such a way that beds could not be combined to make a queen. It is true. I am not making this up.

This was our second cruise so we did not know any better. So we liked that cabin. Knowing what I know now, I don't know if I would take that cabin again unless they offered a good discount or it was the last one available.

Archived