booked at last

bonniecharlie

Since I've only traveled in AQ, I can't address the CC size but I do know that the AQ cabin prices drop a few times each year, sometimes identical to the CC so keep your eyes/ears open and frequent the boards here at CruiseCritic. Up until you make your final payment, you may be able to switch into AQ... upgrading to AQ over CC is not something you'd want to miss.

The Solstice is a really excellent ship, crew as well.

well we have at last booked our cruise on the Solstice for 8th Sept and as

treat for our selves we have booked a concierge cabin, can anyone tell me if the cabins are any bigger than the others, and what advantage is there in booking one

All the balcony cabins are the same size -- it's just the amenities that change from a regular balcony to Concierge to AQ.

I would keep checking pricing because sometimes they offer 55+, Military, Police/Firefighter, and/or state discounts on various cabin categories.

well we have at last booked our cruise on the Solstice for 8th Sept and as treat for our selves we have booked a concierge cabin, can anyone tell me if the cabins are any bigger than the others, and what advantage is there in booking one

Hi BonnieCharlie,

(copy of a previous posting I did on this same topic)...

== snip ==

On board Celebrity Ships there are 6 classes of Cabins / Staterooms they are… Inside – Oceanview – Veranda – Concierge – Aqua – and Suites

Concierge & Aqua are both Veranda Staterooms each with a few additional benefits (upgraded amenities).

I refer you to Celebrity’s Website UK Website for more information (as they seem to have the nicest explanation)…

Celebrity Cruises (Concierge Class) = http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/li...ity-concierge/

Celebrity Cruises Aqua Class offers all of the above amenities plus some that are geared towards the Spa Lifestyle (Location on ship close to the Spa – Complimentary Bottled Water – Complimentary Admission to the Persian Gardens at the Spa – Assistance with making Spa Appointments – and a Healty-Choice Dining Room called Blu to name but a few things)

Celebrity Cruises (Aqua Class) = http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/li...ice-aquaclass/

There are MANY past topics here on the CC CELEBRITY BOARD on this topic, and the ongoing discussion on which is preferred, WHY and by WHO (the BOARD is searchable, you can always find those past topics)

What I will say, is in regards to size of the cabins, location etc they don’t offer much more than the Veranda Staterooms (on the Solstice Class Ships... all the staterooms Except the Suites have Staterooms that are 194 Square Feet no matter what class you are in) … either you like the extra amenities that being offered or you don’t, and either you are willing to pay the difference in pricing or you won’t…

In our case, we were able to snag a Concierge Class Cabin midship (C2) on an upcoming sailing of the Solstice for only $ 20 more per person (PLUS the extra 50 cents per day for Gratuities) so getting an Upgrade at less than $ 50 overall for the cabin for the week, was a no-brainer for us… the “wine & food” amenities (Welcome Bottle of Champagne, Fruit Basket, Daily Hors D'Ouevres) alone work out to be more than that $ 50 (ie the price of a Bon Voyage Package)

== end ==

In addition to the list of EXTRAS that appear above on the Celebrity Website those passengers in Concierge Class - Aqua Class - and Suites also earn an additional "point" in Celebrity's Captain's Club... so if you don't happen to be Elite yet, it means you can work towards earning those benefits sooner. :)

--- --- ---

All the balcony cabins are the same size -- it's just the amenities that change from a regular balcony to Concierge to AQ.

I would also add to WINE-O's excellent comment, that although ALL THE CABINS are the same size everywhere on the Solstice Class Ships except for the Suites category, location can make a difference when it comes to any cabin on these ships. Some of the most sought after Concierge Class Cabins are the ones at the Aft of the Ship overlooking the Wake, and those that are on the "angle" of the "bump" at the front of the ship, and on the "angle" fore and aft at "the hump" midship... these all tend to have bigger balconies than the standard sizing. So if you can find one of those vacant and you are happy with, even better !!

Hope this is helpful

Cheers!

well we have at last booked our cruise on the Solstice for 8th Sept and as treat for our selves we have booked a concierge cabin, can anyone tell me if the cabins are any bigger than the others, and what advantage is there in booking one

Congrats on getting booked on the Solstice. You can see many more details for the Solstice, Barcelona, Italy ports, etc., from below on my live/blog.

As noted by others, the CC class has some "plusses", but your room size is the same. The foot rest for the balcony is nice, plus better robe, easier check-in, etc.

Below are a few of my pictures to give you an idea for what to expect and enjoy on the Solstice. Have you started to do your research and planning for your various ports in the Med? Am happy to provide any added tips for what to do in Rome, Naples area, Ephesus, Mykonos, Greece and Athens. Here's more on the Greece capital: “Athens Tips, Suggestions, Examples to Enjoy!” for many details, ideas and interesting visuals on this great city. Lots of ideas here from me and others experienced with Athens.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1101008

Ephesus, along the Turkish Coast, is wonderful and has the famed outdoor theater that hosted Saint Paul preaching, plus rock stars, etc. At this site in the 1st century AD, the Apostle Paul spent over three years in Ephesus preaching the Gospel. This included a sermon condemning pagan worship in this theater. It was Rome's capital of Asia Minor. The history here is real and totally amazing!

Reaction and questions? Don’t be shy and feel free to comment and/or ask any questions of interest. The only "dumb question" is the one you don't ask.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 56,048 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

On the top, back of the Solstice-style ships, here is a wider view of Corning Hot Glass show area, plus the green grass and the unique covering designs for this special area of the ship. Classy design touches and style!!:

SolsticeGlassGrassBack.jpg

The Solarium was one of our favorite areas. Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults-only area. Two hot tubs here. Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design with this facility. Wonderful setting for relaxing and watching the outside water/shore views, enjoying subtle inside action, etc.:

SolsticeSolariumSunnyDay.jpg

This is a view of the library area on the tenth floor that overlooked the central, open core area of the ship. Not a great book selection here, but it is a nice-looking area with a quiet reading hideaway.:

SolsticeLibraryView.jpg

Many times at the pool, the “party band” is going at it with great tunes, adding to the fun and excitement around the pool area.:

SolsticePartyBandAtPool.jpg

In the top, back area near the Sunset Bar with live grass, some enjoy this area by reading, playing on the lawn or sun-bathing there. Usually, it’s not too crowded!:

SolsticeLawnBackSunSoaking.jpg

This is an overview for how the whole main part of the open, central MDR was taken over by the various stations of food, ice carving, treats, etc., for a special mid-day brunch on a sea day.:

SolsticeBuffetOverallTwoHigh.jpg

Archived