Dream Ship within a Ship

OceanLiner

We are taking the Dream in May of 2012, with a concierge level family stateroom, and it could not be better. The service and attention to detail have been amazing, and it is very evident that Disney has successfully created a concept of ship of a within a ship.

Disney called us two days before our 120 window and asked if there was anything that they could do for us. I asked about the dining rotation schedule, and they asked us what would be best for us. I asked about the boarding times, and they told us to arrive at whatever time would be best for us. (They did explain that while the terminal opens at 11am and we could arrive as early as we wanted, that the ship must be cleared for boarding by the port authorities, which usually occurs around 12:30-1:00. As the concierge guests have immediate boarding, the Disney Concierge suggested that we arrive around 12:30 and simply board the ship.)

Needless to say, the same attention to detail has been evident with the shore excursions and the offerings on the ship such as premium dining and spa services, and I am very pleased with this experience.

It certainly feels like a big step up from our previous concierge experiences with Wonder and Magic. I think that with the Dream having been built with a dedicated concierge lounge is making all the difference. The Wonder and the Magic experience was very very good, but this seems to be at a much higher level.

Not having a concierge lounge on the Wonder and Magic was a major omission by DCL for which I am very glad they have corrected on the Dream.

I'm surprised they haven't taken two of the mid-ship interior staterooms on deck 7 and made a small lounge. There would be room for a counter that the concierges could work behind, a small area for food and beverage offerings, and some seating.

There are only about half as many concierge level cabins on the Wonder and Magic, so they would only need half the seating space. Some of the hotels I stay at have small executive lounges, and have no problem having enough room for every thing they need to provide in about a 300-350 s/f area.

I'm surprised they haven't taken two of the mid-ship interior staterooms on deck 7 and made a small lounge.

This is exactly what HAL did to their older ships once the concept of a concierge lounge became standard. Although they have more concierge cabins and needed more space, so I think (and don't quote me on this) that they actually took out eight interior cabins. Disney would probably need to take out more than two, but maybe just four or six?

This is exactly what HAL did to their older ships once the concept of a concierge lounge became standard. Although they have more concierge cabins and needed more space, so I think (and don't quote me on this) that they actually took out eight interior cabins. Disney would probably need to take out more than two, but maybe just four or six?

There is a group of interior cabins midships right near the stairs outside the Walt/Roy Suites one deck down. But I really don't think they'd need that much space, based on 22 concierge level staterooms on the Magic and Wonder and about double that on the Dream and Fantasy. The lounge on the Dream is about the size of two of the 1BR or four of the Family OV. I think that two would make a suitable but small lounge, three would be more than comfortable.

It wasn't really even the lounge itself, but just the ease of being able to find the concierge staff without having to call them.

The equivalent of a Cat 4 on the Magic and Wonder but on the concierge level of the Dream and Fantasy. Perfect for a couple who doesn't need all the room of a suite but wants to be on the Concierge Level.

Archived