Cape Town pier info:

CASHIPman

Travelers to/from Cape Town...in case you didn't see this in the CruiseCritic news section:

Cape Town Bans Ships from Historic V&A Waterfront

If this remains the case that's too bad. I don't envy disembarking the Whisper at a container port in Cape Town next month!!

(to be honest I don't envy disembarking the Whisper anywhere! :D )

Thanks for the link. Sigh.... because I have a deviation (I'm not staying at a hotel booked through the cruise line) I don't get transfer to the quay. Since I'm staying a few blocks away, I didn't think this would be an issue. Now it will be.

Oh well, the hotel has already arrange a transfer from the airport for me, I'm sure they'll be able to arrange a car and driver to the port as well.

First Dinner under the Stars and now this. I wonder what other things I was expecting on this cruise will disappear before I get on board?

Oh, that's a real shame! V&A was a great place to dock. And since we stayed at the Table Bay Hotel on both ends of the cruise, we could walk between hotel and ship with all of our luggage. First time things were ever that convenient, and now apparently the last...

I guess we won't be enjoying the convenience of being so close to the docks come February 3rd. Not much we can do about it and it certainly won't spoil our trip. Things change and we need to respect the decisions made by the countries we visit. Hopefully SS won't have too hard a time arranging the transfers to reflect the change.

We sailed into and out of the V&A yesterday and this issue is not yet written in stone. There are negotiations happening as we speak. Canadiankate, I sure hope nothing else happens to dampen your spirit before you even get here! Will post any news.

We sailed into and out of the V&A yesterday and this issue is not yet written in stone. There are negotiations happening as we speak. Canadiankate, I sure hope nothing else happens to dampen your spirit before you even get here! Will post any news.

We board Whsiper on 5th Feb, so I am delighted to hear your glad tidings!

Archived