L202 BA Experiences

golfb4cruzing

Just received my Guaranteed Balcony assignment. Looks like I can't get much more forward than this. This is first time with Princess, so are there any pros or cons to this location. Lido deck is a plus. Room looks like a standard balcony room. Am I going to get rocked out of bed with any rough weather? Nothing above the room and a cabin below, so noise shouldn't be a problem. Anyone have this location in the past? Thanks.

Just received my Guaranteed Balcony assignment. Looks like I can't get much more forward than this. This is first time with Princess, so are there any pros or cons to this location. Lido deck is a plus. Room looks like a standard balcony room. Am I going to get rocked out of bed with any rough weather? Nothing above the room and a cabin below, so noise shouldn't be a problem. Anyone have this location in the past? Thanks.

Quick like a bunny........... and I mean NOW........call Princess and tell them you want to downgrade to a BB catagory. There are several still available on Caribe and that's where you want to be. Do not procrastinate. Do it immediately. This is what's available.

C705 Caribe Aft, Starboard, Oceanview

C247 Caribe Forward, Starboard, Oceanview

C243 Caribe Forward, Starboard, Oceanview

C238 Caribe Forward, Port, Oceanview

C239 Caribe Forward, Starboard, Oceanview

C718

We've been on a balcony on the Lido deck, but it wasn't all the way forward--it was just forward of the stairs. We had a smooth cruise and mininum movement. Forward does always seem to have more movement to us.

Rough seas, you'd feel it.

The Lido deck is very convenient, but if you can get Caribe, go for it.

We've been on a balcony on the Lido deck, but it wasn't all the way forward--it was just forward of the stairs. We had a smooth cruise and mininum movement. Forward does always seem to have more movement to us.

Rough seas, you'd feel it.

The Lido deck is very convenient, but if you can get Caribe, go for it.

I had an inside cabin on Lido and loved the location. I was sort of near the stairs also.

I am missing the whole Caribe deck which is nothing but cabins. The Lido looks prime for many amenities and we are across from the Spa. We have sailed forward before and had some movement but nothing Bonine couldn't correct. Why is Caribe special? I don't mean to be dense but as long as the wife has room on the balcony to relax and read, life is good.

I am missing the whole Caribe deck which is nothing but cabins. The Lido looks prime for many amenities and we are across from the Spa. We have sailed forward before and had some movement but nothing Bonine couldn't correct. Why is Caribe special? I don't mean to be dense but as long as the wife has room on the balcony to relax and read, life is good.

Caribe is the most desired deck of all, mainly because the balconies are larger. Lido has more traffic than all the other passenger decks because of pool, buffet, grill, etc. access. Unless you are going to live in the spa, there's no reason to be on top of it.

I'm not even going discuss location with you, because whatever you get on Caribe will be better. Now then, I gave you the available cabin numbers and the rest is up to you.

Caribe is the most desired deck of all, mainly because the balconies are larger. Lido has more traffic than all the other passenger decks because of pool, buffet, grill, etc. access. Unless you are going to live in the spa, there's no reason to be on top of it.

I'm not even going discuss location with you, because whatever you get on Caribe will be better. Now then, I gave you the available cabin numbers and the rest is up to you.

Ironically - the staterooms on Lido get very little traffic. It was one of the quietest decks I was on.

Pia I value your opinion. Evidently you are a very experienced cruiser. We do not cruise for the ship but for destinations and getting away. After we return, should your suggestions prove correct, I will have no problem humbly acknowledging my ignorance. We have sailed and been on the Lido and enjoyed the experience. Thank you.

Twice on Lido, once on Caribe. Loved big balcony on Caribe. Love easy access to pools and spa on Lido. Have Lido again. No real difference in movement.

If it's a port intensive cruise in typically warmer and calmer waters, it's Lido. More sea days, it's Caribe. Our opinion only.

Ironically - the staterooms on Lido get very little traffic. It was one of the quietest decks I was on.

I agree with this. I was worried that our Lido balcony near the forward stairs would be busy and noisy.

It was not at all, quieter than most cabins. Those far aft stairs/elevators seemed to get little traffic.

Very convenient for the Lido deck activities. Your 202 cabin, though is really far forward; it wouldn't hurt to see if they will move you further back.

We were assigned L309 cabin on the Lido deck for our March California Coastal cruise. When I asked about this location I received about 95% positive replys. I have had a Caribe deck balcony and I agree they are great but we wanted to try other deck locations so we stayed with Lido deck. Will comment on Lido deck after our cruise.

Thanks everyone for the continued responses. I have called the rep to talk about location but I'm fine either way. I have a bad hip after getting it replaced, so being on the Lido works well for me. It sounds as noise will not be an issue which is also good. It's just the wife and I so we don't need a balcony we can bowl on. Just a space to escape if we feel the need. Thanks again everyone.

Archived