Quality of The Food-Wonder

youda97

I am going to be going on the wonder soon and I have noticed pretty consecutive that people have been disapointed with the food. Is this normal or are people just expecting the best food they have ever had in there life? Thanks.

I am going to be going on the wonder soon and I have noticed pretty consecutive that people have been disapointed with the food. Is this normal or are people just expecting the best food they have ever had in there life? Thanks.

I think some people just expect the 5 star experience on cruise ships. While I think the food is good, you have to remember, it is a mass production system getting the food out.

Some have equated it to Denny's, but I feel it is much better than that.

If you don't like your food, your server will bring you something else.

:)

We just came off the Wonder and the food was good. The only place I did not like the food was in the Buffet. The dinning rooms were good. The food is as good as any Non-Five Star restaurant.

I found the food pretty good in the main dining rooms. The buffet was just okay for the most part.. The fast food on deck wasn't that good, especially the pizza... :(

I guess it is a combination of what you are used to, and what you expect.

Example: I noticed one post in another thread stating the brunch at Palo had many of the same dishes they make at home already. I didn't find that, of course I don't cook much ;)

One in our group was complaining about the desserts. "They all have fruit!" He doesn't eat fruit... :confused:

We sailed on the Wonder last April and in general, we thought the food was great. We found the buffets to pretty standard buffet quality but thought the dinners were excellent, very high quality. We even found the few times we got "fast food" on Deck 9 that the options were freshly made and tasty. We've never sailed with any other cruise line so I have nothing to compare to in that regard but overall, I was quite pleased with the Wonder :)

Archived