Does 8:30 dinner mean no shows?

Mel&Ken

My husband and I sail next week. We like to eat later and have chosen the 8:30 traditional dining time. What concerns us now is whether shows are late enough to see after dinner.

I have seen a few dailies and quite often the show times are 7 and 9pm.

Can someone please confirm if there are still shows late in the evening or should we maybe switch to select dining to work around shows we want to see?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Generally, the late seating diners go to the 7pm show while the early seating is still dining. There is plenty of time after the show to make your way to the MDR. Actually they time it that way. So you would get dressed for dinner, watch the show and then go to dinner.

The main theatre shows for the late (8:30PM) seating are at 7PM (before dinner) on most smart casual nights and around 11PM (after dinner) on formal nights. Occasionally, but not frequently, they will schedule the show at the later time on some smart casual nights as well.

The shows for the early dining (6PM eating) generally start at 8:45 or 9PM.

If you want to be able to see a main theatre show after dinner every night, and not before, then your only option would be to choose early dining or select dining.

Archived