Can we book a snorkel trip when we arrive in port and go to Lucaya?

banditoo

Can anyone confirm whether it is possible to wait until we have arrived in port to book a couple hours snorkel trip from Lucaya? We will be arriving in Freeport on the Fantasy Tuesday March 20. We are a family of 13 and want to have a bit of a mixed day including some beach and some shopping and wandering. Some of us would like to also snorkel for a few hours. It has been suggested that we should go to Lucaya where we can use the public beach and also find shops and other things to do. Will there be vendors in Lucaya offering snorkeling tours when we get there or is it necessary to book ahead of time?

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be interested in knowing this too. I'm leaving on Saturday and the weather is going to play a big factor on whether we want to brave the chilly waters. On other cruises I've been on there's been tour hawkers on the pier, wondering if Freeport is the same way.

I am hoping someone that knows this information about booking on the spot will reply to us. I am reluctant to book ahead of time since the weather will dictate whether we want to go on the given date that we will be in port in March.

Laura, if no-one else replies before you go on your trip, could you at least report back when you return? That would be a great help.

Archived