Nationalities of Captains employed by Royal Caribbean

Capt Rob Hempstead was the captain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanelicus viewpost.gif

through the storm this past early fall?

We just got off the Freedom. My friend was on the same sailing and some of the staff told her he was a former fishing boat captain and likes sailing through rough weather.

[/font][/color]

Where did I say I wouldn't cruise Carnival?

First of all, I never said all Italians are bad so don't you dare put words in my mouth. If I thought all Italians were bad, someone better tell my Italian husband. :rolleyes:

To put your example more in to the proper perspective, if all the recent robberies were done by, say, Jewish taxi drivers, then yes, I would be weary of Jewish taxi drivers.

Listen, I call a spade a spade. It is not my fault Italian captains have been crashing cruise ships lately. But the fact remains, they have been.

Uh, blaming the captain absolutely is fair because it was his fault. He got underway in a storm and hit another ship at the dock. It's pretty cut and dry.

I did not say anything about Carnival, please re-read the question.

Don't you dare? I don't believe I did that:rolleyes: No you did not say it in so many words but you certainly implied it once you admitted that now it makes a difference what nationallity a ship captain is. And IMO, that is the only reason the OP started this thread, he/she asked the question "Does RCI have any Italian Captains" three times over.

I did not say anything about Carnival, please re-read the question.

Don't you dare? I don't believe I did that:rolleyes: No you did not say it in so many words but you certainly implied it once you admitted that now it makes a difference what nationallity a ship captain is. And IMO, that is the only reason the OP started this thread, he/she asked the question "Does RCI have any Italian Captains" three times over.

How about Greeks? What is that Greek word that means rubbish...o yeah, B-A-L-O-G-N-I. I agree with Cruzaholic.

If you are referring to Captain Rob Hempstead, he is Canadian as well as Captain Ron Holmes.

I believe he is an American, not Canadian. I also thought he told us during the captain's answer session that he was a graduate of Annapolis Naval Academy. Of course, with all the DOD's, perhaps I remember incorrectly . :o

guess if it makes a difference to you then if Royal Caribbean switched to all Italian Captains, will you not cruise on their ships??

Using you logic about recent patterns, if recent robberies were reported in a town that the acts were done by Jewish kids, is it a fact that all Jewish kids are bad?

I’m not quite sure about the incidents you posted what the exact facts were but if I recall correctly, the Carnival Legend incident was due to very strong winds, I guess that’s fair to blame the Italian Captain too.

Oh so the captain doesn't take into account the wind, or depth of water?

Obviously it does matter, have you seen how Italians drive? Maybe their training is not up to par, who knows?

Political correctness will ruin this world.

Archived