Salerno to amalfi coast DIY ferry or private tour

gmadvm

We will be in port of Salerno in May from 7-7 and want to tour the amalfi coast. Specifically Positano, Amalfi and Ravello. I've got some inquiries out to some of the private tours seen on this site but it looks like it is going to be about 350 euros for the two of us. I've done tour shares before on other trips and would like to avoid that. Found we spent a lot of time waiting for people who didn't return to the meeting area on time or people wanting to change the itinerary at the last minute. We prefer to maintain our independence. That being said, has anyone taken the ferry on your own? If I'm reading the ferry schedule correctly (and maybe I'm not), we could take a 7:50 ferry to Positano and arrive at around 8:50. Have a few hours in Positano and take a ferry at either 12:00 or 1:30 to Amalfi, and then a ferry at 4:15 or 4:30 from Amalfi to Salerno. +/- bus to Ravello, depending on how much time we took in Positano in the morning. If we include Ravello, maybe take bus back to Salerno from there. Is this do-able? Or will we be too rushed. I'm not sure what to do.

Archived