Tahitian Princess March 20th, 2006 who's going?

rob&deb

You guys hold down the fort this week. I'm headed to Florida bright and early in the morning - straight toward Tropical Storm Arlene. I think it's headed more toward the pan handle and we're headed more south, but I think we'll have some nasty driving weather.

I haven't packed a thing yet, but am still dreaming about Tahiti - I'm going to take my guide books to study in the car on the way down - I don't get car sick!!!

I do love the beach and am hoping for some good weather. If not, I've got a ton of good books and I need the rest.

Take care and I'll check back in when I return!!!

Laura

• 2 weeks later...

Mich-

Weather was great. Unfortunately they were experiencing Red Tide, which kills a lot of fish, that wash up on the beach and causes irritation (eyes & lungs etc) to humans. We didn't get as much beach time as usual, but I still got three books read and we had a lot of good family time. We spent a lot of time at the pool and did a lot of eating great seafood and some great shopping in St. Armand's Circle. I'm not complaining - when you go somewhere as often as we go to Anna Maria, you've gotta take the good with the bad. At least we returned before all the shark attacks - that's scary.

I've given up on my search for a pension on Moorea. The internet rates were so good, I decided I can't go wrong with the Intercontinental - which wasn't even on my initial list. I'm hoping I can get on over there on Friday evening to finish up my traveling on that day. Otherwise, we'll take the Ferry on Saturday morning. I'm having such fun researching and planning this trip!!!

Laura

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, we are going on the March 20, 2006 TP sailing - two couples travelling together. We have a pre-cruise stay booked at the Pearl Resort in Moorea. The package includes ATN from LAX. Now just a few more travel details, then we will think about excursions. Looking forward to it and comparing notes with all of you.

We were on the Sapphire Princess LA to Sydney trip in 2004 and fell in love with French Polynesia. We are looking forward to going back and spending more time there.

Cheers,

Peter and Steph

Package? Is this a package with hotel and air? I've seen some with 4-6 days hotel including air that are about the same price as air alone. But did not know if you could use that and then delay the return 10-day for after the cruise.

Our travel agent has put together the package that includes air and pre-cruise in Moorea. It is similar to what we saw on the ATN site for 2005 bookings, although we weren't sure if there were any issues with having the package discontinuous - i.e. a cruise in the middle. However, it seems that our agent was able to manage that without a problem.

Thanks for the welcome, and we look forward to further discussion on line and on board!

Cheers,

Peter and Steph

I originally wanted to stay at the Moorea Pearl. It looks so lovely. We ended up at the Intercontinental though, found a good deal through the internet.

Package deal sounds like a great idea - I didn't think of it before I booked the hotel rooms separately!!!

Have a good day alll!!

Laura

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone find any new or fun things out about Tahiti?

The only thing we've been doing here is reading about it - I think I want to do the Lagoon Wave Runner Tour in Bora Bora. Got some new tropical outfits - end of season - so I think I'm ready to go!!!

Laura

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so I periodically check the prices on my upcoming cruises. Well, I got a quote for about $50/pp less than what my agent had reserved for me. We do insides (lowest price category) and we had cat II and the quote was K. So I asked my agent to quote us the lower category. We, she checked on Sunday and Princess was having a sale for past passengers. Our new reservation is $80/pp less than before and we are now in cat D -- an outside. Gosh, I'm sure glad I was monitoring prices. Princess brochure arrived this week and all balconies are priced the same. So, it may be a good time to verify the price you have is still the best available.

You were right Mich!!!

I checked and they were offering the past passenger discount. Since we sailed on the Star Princess last fall, we qualified. I called the TA and saved $49pp - that's a shore excursion (well, almost).

I noticed one of the aft facing BA cabins were available. Tried to talk hubby into trying it (for the same price we were paying before), but he's afraid the motion of this ship might be too much for us. One of these days, I'm going to talk him into trying one of those balcony's!!!!

Thanks for the tip!!!

Laura

Well I'm posting this a little prematurely maybe as we are just looking into booking this cruise as I type this. I emailed my TA on Friday so waiting to see if she still has good rates and if there are any other dates available or just the 3/20 departure she had listed on her website. So might be along for the ride. My hubby and I are going to celebrate both our BIG 40! He is March and mine is May and our 12th Anniversary is in April so timeframe is pretty good, just hoping for good weather if we decide to go! It is more expensive than ones we have done in the past (usually 1000pp/1200pp for balcony) but all were only a week long and this one is 10-days and in TAHITI so the difference seems pretty reasonable actually. A little worried about the motion-sickness I keep reading about but if we go we will be loaded to the hilt with non-drowsy Dramime and ginger tablets so we can have a good time. I'll update as soon as I know more.

Hi Perki!

Welcome to our thread - hope things work out and you and hubby are able to join us. I think there's no better place for big celebrations!!

We are like you and usually look in the $1k range for a balcony to the Caribbean - this is a much bigger price tag, especially with the days we're doing pre and post cruise. Although I'm hoping it won't be once in a life time trip, I'm sure I won't be going back every year - so we're really planning to make the most of it. We're in a BB Balcony and it looks marvelous!!

Keep us posted!!

Laura

Well couldn't get the airlines to work around the days we needed in order to make this cruise so instead we will be taking the March 10th one and getting off the day you will be boarding. Thanks for the info you have all shared and have a wonderful trip!

Hi guys we just got back from TP so I thought I'd pop in and say hello. We did marc's Motu picnic at Huihini and I would recommend this to anyone. It was a sfabulous day in an outrigger canoe - 2 snorkells (1 drift) and a great picnic spot. We booked this through the internet not through the ship. Also booked with Hiro in Moorea and he left us standing on the dock and did not even show up. Have a great time on your cruise Nicole:)

Archived