Riviera Deck--Conquest

Sea and Me

I didnt sail on the Conquest, but i did sail on the sister ship called the Glory. Overall, it is was a very quiet deck except for a few nights when i heard the crew putting up the gangway when we docked in the morning

(my room was near the forward staircase)

We stayed on the rivera deck on 2 out of our last 3 conquest cruises. The first time was in the back and the second time was in the front. Overall we like that deck (quicker getting on and off in ports). I prefer to stay the back because when you are in front you hear the waves crashing on the boat and it makes a loud boom sound. In the back you just get the engine/thruster noise when going into ports but if you are like my hubby and I we are up early on port days so it doesn't bother us.

I did the rivera deck on Miracle and loved it. I was able to walk up the steps to go to things I enjoyed. Only took the elevator to go up to deck 9. I am taking the Conquest in August and I am on Main deck which is one up from Rivera, and I chose that one because again it in walking distance to everything.

I have never stayed on the Riviera Deck, but I have read reviews saying that there is a crew bar below it, which is very noisy, all night. Unfortunately, nobody knows where it is, and Carnival won't tell when asked. So, for that reason, I avoid the Riviera Deck. It seems the people on this thread so far who have stayed on that deck were either far forward or far aft. Those areas are probably ok, since, based on what I've read, the crew bar seems to be midship.

One of my cruises on the Conquest I was in cabin 1260. It was very quiet.

It was nice as when we got back to the ship after being out and about on Port days it was very easy when we boarded the ship. No Slow elevators .... just walked up one flight of stairs and we were at our cabin. It was that eazy :D

Cabin 1260 is also right by the elevators

We were in 1347 (Riviera/midship) on the Conquest on our first cruise.

We thought it was extremely quiet and peaceful throughout the entire cruise. Not a lot of movement and it was very convenient on port days to just climb one flight of stairs and be at home, no fighting crowds for elevators is a big plus.

If you are considering an INSIDE room on the Riviera deck..... Also consider the 3 1A cabins on Deck 6, 7, 8 (1 on each) that are mid-ship, starboard side right behind mid-ship elevators. Although booked as 1A, they have 2 beds on the floor that can be made into a king. These rooms are slightly wider than your standard inside room. I have stayed in 6393 and 7345 and like both those. Can take the stairs most anywhere you want to go. See pictures of the 2 rooms I noted on www(dot)cruiselinerooms(dot)com (conquest 6393, glory 7345)

Enjoy!

We stayed in an Oceanview room, Riviera deck on the Liberty ( conquest class ship, same layout ), and it was great. It was just back of midship, and it was one of the quietiest, and smoothest sailing rooms I have ever had. My Mom was with me, and never stays on lower decks, but she had to admit it was one of the nicest, quietest and smoothest ride decks she has ever had. Also it is just one deck down to where you disembark when in port, and one deck up when you get back on board, no need for elevator. I also love deck 3, the atrium area, and those side decks off the atrium. So not far to go there either. Have a great cruise.:)

I asked my daughter and son in law this question.

Her reply follows

Conquest Riviera Deck Oceanview Room 1233 January 2009

LOVED it. Great view, no noise from above or below, no ship noise of any kind. We were close to the front of the ship and it was great. We were near the stairs and elevators (took the stairs most of the time) and loved being close to action for boarding for getting on and off the ship.

Archived