Calm Down,,Dont Panic!

thompsongunner06

So what? Has any of those 9 drills you attended, and I assume paid serious attention, prepared you for the situation that just hapened?

I didn't think so because I have been to 12 and not one of them has told me it may be necessary to tie bed sheets to the railings to get off the ship. Not one of them has told me I may be crawling on the walls in the dark trying to find a way out of the ship.

Not one of them has told me what I should do with my mother who has serious mobility issues in a case like that.

My point was that any drill I have been to was prior to leaving port, NOT after, which proved to be MORE of a disaster.

I don't have any family memebers who have a serious mobility issues (thank god) but if I did, I would certainly have a plan. When I travel with family, we always have a plan in case of an emergency, its our dinner conversation.

Sorry if this ends up being a double post..

Is that really true about the jackets at the muster stations? Are there enough for everybody? If so why are there life jackets in the cabins at all then?:confused:

I am really asking a question not being sarcastic

The last NCL ship I was on, we were walking the promenade deck with all the life boats and its not what you see is all there is. There are many inflatable rafts in those 55 gal drum looking things as well as slides like planes have AND there are life jackets there too...just a little fyi :)

I agree. I have been on several cruises with Carnival in my last 20 years, and NEVER have I known them not to do the "drill" as one of the "first" things before the ship leaves. You can COUNT ON THAT! As the expression goes, "better be safe than sorry."

Archived