Greek Isles + Ephesus, or Greek Isles + Turkish??

bdnuggin

Need advise from cruisers! Am considering Sebourn for an April cruise in the Mediterranean. Here's the fun dilemma:

1 - Greek Isles and Ephesus (Seabourn Legend)

or

2 - Greek Isles and Turkish Delights (Seabourn Odyssey)

Price and dates are close to the same, so no concern there.

But... an older ship vs a newer ship, and most importantly - what about the PORTS?

Opinions?

Need advise from cruisers! Am considering Sebourn for an April cruise in the Mediterranean. Here's the fun dilemma:

1 - Greek Isles and Ephesus (Seabourn Legend)

or

2 - Greek Isles and Turkish Delights (Seabourn Odyssey)

Price and dates are close to the same, so no concern there.

But... an older ship vs a newer ship, and most importantly - what about the PORTS?

Opinions?

Having only sailed on Seabourn smaller ships I can not compare The Legend to The Odyssey. :DBut I can share some information regarding 2 couples that will be sailing April 4th on The Legend. Check out our roll call.

Both itineraries are great, and both should include the evening in Ephesus (special included excursion) which is lovely, so I would say decide by looking at various posts and details of the ships which you prefer - for me, having tried both, the larger ship; more sunbathing space and more choice of dining, particularly out of doors. Hopefully the weather would be good enough for eating outside, and the bigger ship is definitely better for this.

Echo what the Wandering Wino's said...come along with us! We are doing the 16 itinerary continuing on from Athens to Rome.

We have also not been on the larger ships but I know they have more amenities like more public space. However, I jumped at the chance to do the Greek Isles on one of the small ships as I considered them the perfect way to see this part of the world. This is one of the more popular itinerary areas and I wouldn't count on being able to do it on a small ship in the future since they have two of the larger ships there most of the summer.

And as far as the Legend being an older ship, we were on the Legend last March and she was in fine shape.

Archived