British Isles Cruises?

Shooraq

I'm starting to do some research on cruises to plan in 2013. New Zealand is one idea, but my husband is cruious about doing a British Isles cruise that would ideally inolve some combo of the UK, Ireland and Scotland. Does Royal Caribbean do this kind of itinerary and if so, what times of the year does it happen? And if not Royal Caribbean, what cruiseline should I try for?

We did an excellent cruise around the British Isles on Jewel of the Seas a few years ago. They do not have many of these cruises - they can be joined with Norwegian Fjords (like ours was) which adds to the experience.

These cruises tend to be in June to September only.

In 2012 there are a number of round Britain cruises on the inappropriately named "Caribbean Princess". You could also try Azamara, Cunard and P&O.

We sailed last year with Princess out of Southampton and visitied the Guernsey Islands, Wales, Ireland, N. Ireland, Scotland (esp. Orkney Islands) and back to S/hampton. We also did the cruise that involved the Military Tattoo in Edinburgh. Loved the itinerary! Great weather most of the time.

Have fun planning.:)

Not to be picky, but Scotland is still part of the United Kingdom, however much its First Minister would rather it wasn't :)

I think Fred Olsen also has some British Isles/Islands cruises. There are also some smaller lines/charters such as the MS Marco Polo (previously of the Soviet Navy....).

Archived