Wow Factor

We booked our second cruise with friends. Our first sailing was on Liberty of the Seas and we were totally blown away when we got to the ship and it was so huge :) Our friends have never cruised before and we are sailing on Navigator of the Seas for our next trip, I know it is a smaller ship but I am wondering if we will still be blown away when we see the size of the ship:rolleyes: What do you think?

We booked our second cruise with friends. Our first sailing was on Liberty of the Seas and we were totally blown away when we got to the ship and it was so huge :) Our friends have never cruised before and we are sailing on Navigator of the Seas for our next trip, I know it is a smaller ship but I am wondering if we will still be blown away when we see the size of the ship:rolleyes: What do you think?

Yeah, it is practically the same ship. Just a little bit shorter. They are more similar than different.

I have a friend who took his wife on their first cruise some years back on a voyager class. In the months prior to the trip, he kept trying to get a handle on how big the ship was by estimating the length of the average yard on his street and then determining how many yards it took to equal the length of the ship. Then he tried to visualize the height by estimating the tallest trees in the neighborhood. I still get a kick out of the visual of putting a ship down in the middle of a residential street in Ohio.

In any event, all that planning didn't prepare him at all for the immensity of the ship.

You'd have to be awfully jaded not to get wowwed by your first close-up of a cruise ship that you're about to take a trip on.

If you have never seen a cruise ship in person and you see it for the first time, it WOWS you! I think they'll get that "wow" factor that you are looking for. I have been on the Mariner and the Explorer (sister ships to Navigator) and the Freedom (sister ship to Liberty) and I think the wow factor would be about equal as the layouts of the ships are just about identical except for the length and width.

I remember being 12 and going on the Disney Wonder and just not being able to close my mouth when I got on. We saw the Disney Magic in port the day before we went on the Wonder and it was just amazing to see that huge ship.

Did 3 cruises on Navigator (our favorite ship so far) and last week did

Liberty for the first time...with 2 more LOS booked.

I did notice the Liberty's extra 92 feet...promenade seemed to get most of it.

We were accustomed to Navigators layout so no surprises going

to Liberty. Same WOW factor in the atriums, the stairway leading to

theater, the promenade, etc.

The artwork on NOS is better, IMHO. That 6 story high 'bubble' art and the

promenade sculpture by Jan Fabre are more memorable than anything

on the Liberty.

NOS has best min-golf course on the ocean...Liberty's is nice but

small and cramped because of space used by Flowrider.

Portofino and Chops..both excellent. Never use MDR but WJ was similar

and so was Johnny Rockets.

While we enjoyed the entertainment on NOS, the LOS shows were

best we've seen yet.

We felt instantly at home going from NOS to LOS...you should be

also unless you need Flowrider time.

You might not notice that there are about 520 less passengers

on NOS. Same 'crowd avoidance' rule of thumb: Be early for the best

seats at shows and be first in line at WJ.

YUP...more similar than different. Enjoy.

:cool::cool:

Archived