Anyone been on the Vision of the Seas?

Conanc

Hi,

I am looking at possibly booking a last minute cruise on the Vision of the Seas for the Pacific Northwest repositioning itinerary. The itinerary is L.A./San Francisco, Victoria, B.C. and Vancouver. Just got off the AOS in March. I love the Voyager & Brilliance class ships and am not sure if I will be disappointed in the Vision. Can anyone give me information on this ship and itinerary?

Thank you so much!

Nancy

My first and only cruise so far was on Vision for the Mexican Riviera. I had a great time and thought the ship was really fun. The staff was really nice and I loved the dining room food so much that I ate there breakfast, lunch, and dinnner! I guess I don't have anything bad to say about Vision...enjoy your trip :)

Nancy,

We are booked on this cruise. In December, we did a Mexican Rivera cruise on the Vision and had a great time. We have also been on Voyager and Radiance class ships. I guess the only thing I can say I missed on the Vision is you can't get made to order omelettes in the Windjammer. Otherwise, in our opinion it had probably the best crew of any ship we have been on.

Have you been to any of these west coast cities? We currently live in Nevada but spent 20 years in the SF area, and are also familiar with LA. It will be our first visit to Victoria. If you haven't been to the west coast it is a great way to get a good taste.

Hope you plan on joining us. If you do, we have a thread on the Roll Calls and the group is planning on getting together on sailing day.

Barb

Thanks for the info. on the Vision. I just wanted to be sure she was still in good shape. I was looking at booking a D1 balcony guarantee based on the price. It's a happy hour special today. :) We're trying to decide between doing this or going back to an all inclusive in Mexico. I just thought it was something different.

Barb, I've only been to San Francisco and that was many years ago. I'd love to go back and would want to stay in L.A. a day early and stay an extra day in Vancouver as well. I am going to check out the airfare now and will also check out the roll call thread. Thanks!

Hi Nancy,

Our first cruise was on the Vision, a balcony suite, for an 11 day cruise to Hawaii leaving out of Encenada Mexico. All I can say is FABULOUS! The ship was clean, beautiful artwork and ammenities, great crew, great food and we did get our ommlets made at the windjammer. Granted the chefs were tucked in a bit to the side of the toast bagel toaster and if we had not been told they were there would have missed them. We are going out in 2 weeks on the Voyager and hope to do an Alaskan cruise on the Vision in the future.

Enjoy the Vision!

Sandra:)

We did the Vision Mexican Riviera itinerary in March of this year and we loved the ship. We have also been on the AOS. IMHO, Vision was one of the best run RCCL cruises we've been on. Ship was clean and in good shape, food was better than the AOS (with a couple of exceptions), service was excellent. You are certainly giving up some of the Voyager class amenities with the Vision but what's there is well done.

We've been on Vision twice, and will be on a short cruise next January. She's a lovely ship, doesn't have all the bells & whistles of a Radiance class ship, but there was plenty to do.

The itinerary is a nice one - LA is a big, sprawling place, so you'll want to budget your time wisely. The ship leaves from San Pedro, but Long Beach is close by and has some nice new attractions - an aquarium, the Queen Mary (now a hotel), lots of shops & restaurants, the Ice Dogs (minor league hockey), etc. Then there are the beach towns of Venice, Santa Monica, etc. and of course Beverly Hills & Hollywood. You'll need a car if you're going to do those.

You'll be docked right in San Francisco so you can either take a tour or just walk around on your own to Fishermans' Wharf, Ghiardelli Square (think chocolate!) and Chinatown. Not to mention the Buena Vista bar, which claims to have invented Irish coffee. mmmm.

Victoria is also lovely, very quaint and lots of English influence. Don't miss the Buchart (sp?) Gardens.

If you can swing it, take an extra 2 days for Vancouver. That city is a jewel. We've been there 4 times in the past 2 years, are going again at the end of the month, and are barely making a dent in our "to do" list.

We were on the Vision for Alaska in '02. It was great, we are going on the Vision again in just a few weeks, the last Mexico trip before it does the repo up to Vancouver....thats the one you're looking at, right?

This will be the first time we will be on any one ship for a second time. We're excited....I think booking the Vision is a great choice! ;)

Conanc, Here is the link to the M&M discussion for this cruise. I will be on this Repo from LA with my friend Michelle. While I have never been on the new monster RCCL ships I understand they are wonderful. We were on the Vision last fall and she was in good shape. The prices are very reasonable for this cruise so remember that. There is a 6 day trip on one of the new ships that cost MUCH more so for 5 days this isn't bad and there is nothing wrong with the Vision, just remember it is much smaller when compared to the AOS.

Good luck, Vince

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=124635&page=4&pp=25

I'm so glad to have found this thread! I leave on Vision of the Seas in less than 10 days and am glad to hear all of the positive feedback....especially since this will be my first cruise! :) I CANNOT WAIT!

Now if I could only find the fast forward button for this next week......:p

Archived