Carnival Taking a Break from Social Media

cdamion

Odd. But not unexpected.

Radio silence.

This is actually the worst time to stop communicating.

No win situation for them.

If they talk about fun times sailing with Carnival, people will complain that they are being insensitive to the tragedy.

If they talk about safety features, people will complain that they are going overboard and reacting too much to the media coverage.

If they go silent, people comment and complain that they are doing/saying nothing.

Im just glad I am not a marketing person for Carnival right now.

Someone on that FB post made a comment that Carnival is "lawyering up by shutting up" or something to that effect. It could be that they are playing it safe until they find out what the legal situation looks like.

I agree, though, that this is a no-win situation for them. No matter what they do, someone somewhere will think it's the wrong thing.

If they talk about fun times sailing with Carnival, people will complain that they are being insensitive to the tragedy.

If they talk about safety features, people will complain that they are going overboard and reacting too much to the media coverage.

If they go silent, people comment and complain that they are doing/saying nothing.

The mistake they have made from the beginning is not converting their Facebook pages, so only they can post on their own walls.

This way they could have been informative, and kept the public updated with any news.

This includes John Healds page.

Having an open forum for anyone to input just leads to insults being posted over and over again.

The mistake they have made from the beginning is not converting their Facebook pages, so only they can post on their own walls.

This way they could have been informative, and kept the public updated with any news.

Having an open forum for anyone to input just leads to insults being posted over and over again.

Absolutely.

Agree also. They can still change the setting but I guess the folks that frequently post and "speak for JH" by answerting other folks questions will freak out and start flooding any other Carnival inboxes they can find so they can feel relevant. :rolleyes:

I think a moment of silence is appropriate. Also, less is more. Especially, when the facts are not out. Can you imagine the lawsuits and every comment being used in those lawsuits. How about the pain and anger for those on the ship or the families that are suffering.

I do not blame them one bit.

The mis-informed people that don't understand corporate structure are blaming Carnival CRUISE Lines.

Each cruise line that is owned by Carnival is not owned by Carnival CRUISE Lines.

CCL is owned by Carnival not the other way around.

is the brand ambassador the spokesman for carnival cruise lines, or the carnival corp? that's where i'm getting confused.

Agree also. They can still change the setting but I guess the folks that frequently post and "speak for JH" by answerting other folks questions will freak out and start flooding any other Carnival inboxes they can find so they can feel relevant. :rolleyes:

I agree...lol...it is so funny how important they must feel

is the brand ambassador the spokesman for carnival cruise lines, or the carnival corp? that's where i'm getting confused.

Well that is not surprising.

A corporation can have many BRANDS under their umbrella.

If you do not understand corporate structure perhaps you should learn.

CCL is a brand under the umbrella of Carnival Corp, PLC.

How is that hard to understand.

Take KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut .. they are all brands under the YUM Corporate Umbrella.

If something happened at Pizza Hut would you blame Taco Bell?

So, to answer your question he is the BRAND ambassador not the ALL Brands ambassador.

Well that is not surprising.

A corporation can have many BRANDS under their umbrella.

If you do not understand corporate structure perhaps you should learn.

CCL is a brand under the umbrella of Carnival Corp, PLC.

How is that hard to understand.

Take KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut .. they are all brands under the YUM Corporate Umbrella.

If something happened at Pizza Hut would you blame Taco Bell?

So, to answer your question he is the BRAND ambassador not the ALL Brands ambassador.

it would be like that dog talking about a pizza.

my standard reply to all of this mess is this on hal they tender using their lifeboats. they have sailors onboar to do this. i know they know how to run the boats. i'm familiar with the boats, and this makes me feel a whold lot safer. i actually saw them rescue some fishermen lost at sea; using the lifeboats.

would be nice to actually see the lifeboats move up and down just once in 20 cruises on carnival???

my standard reply to all of this mess is this on hal they tender using their lifeboats. they have sailors onboar to do this. i know they know how to run the boats. i'm familiar with the boats, and this makes me feel a whold lot safer. i actually saw them rescue some fishermen lost at sea; using the lifeboats.

would be nice to actually see the lifeboats move up and down just once in 20 cruises on carnival???

I have no clue how often they do it, but I have pics somewhere of a Carnival ship doing lifeboat drills in St. Thomas, I think it was. They lowered all from one side and were moving around in the harbor.

my standard reply to all of this mess is this on hal they tender using their lifeboats. they have sailors on board to do this. i know they know how to run the boats. i'm familiar with the boats, and this makes me feel a whole lot safer. i actually saw them rescue some fishermen lost at sea; using the lifeboats.

we've seen it at embarkation, and one port stop. so they do it.

We have seen them testing the lifeboats on numerous cruises. Now, we haven't seen the lifeboats move up and down, but to get them in an out of the water for the test, I would assume that would have to happen.

I think you just about nailed it!

Now that is truly funny :)

I do not blame them one bit.

The mis-informed people that don't understand corporate structure are blaming Carnival CRUISE Lines.

Each cruise line that is owned by Carnival is not owned by Carnival CRUISE Lines.

CCL is owned by Carnival not the other way around.

Perception is reality in this world so you guys that keep playing the corporate semantic shell game can stop now.

Reminds me of Galveston after Ike when the mayor did not want to have press conferences, talk to the people, or give frequent updates. This infuriated many residents. Turns out a consultant told the mayor not to communicate frequently-bad decision

Archived