Another cabin question on Explorer

ERIE 13

A room on "the hump" is very close to the aft elevators. Any balcony cabin in that area is very convenient to the elevators and stairs. Almost all of the eateries are in the back of the ship, so we could easily get to them.

I would just recommend deck 7 or higher. The balconies on deck 6 do not have glass, which I prefer.

Look at the deck plans. All the balconies near the aft elevators meet your criteria. Ship superstructure is only visible from the true "aft" balconies - the ones on the very back of the ship. Google "Bonnie Voyager" for cabin pictures. The cabins in a particular category are almost all the same - connecting cabins have chairs instead of sofas. "E" cabins are a bit smaller and have a love seat. "D" cabins have a full sized sofa.

I like a deck 7 cabin near the library. Deck 8 has the internet area and Deck 9 has the Concierge Lounge.

Thanks for the reply, but any specific room numbers that anyone has been in that meet my criteria.

I was on the New Year's cruise on the Explorer, and stayed in cabin 8620. I loved it, as it is very close to the elevators. I prefer the port side to the starboard side, as only the port side elevators take you up to Dizzie's on deck 14. The starboard elevators only go to deck 12.

I have also stayed in cabin 8618, which is excellent.

Ginnie

Last January, we stayed in cabin 9654 on the Explorer, which is a category D1. I have attached some pictures I took on the balcony so you can get an idea of what you would see from this cabin, or one in a similar position. The first picture is looking forward as we approached Labadee. The second picture is looking aft (not sure where we were). The third picture is looking out to see another boat in the port we were pulling into (forgot which port).

1617203253_FlatEmmaCruise042.jpg.fd4481be9bb32890d72eac41af16de56.jpg

821608100_FlatEmmaCruise080.jpg.970c2a0f36f2b3d26d6e1e18b3db2f10.jpg

1522994242_FlatEmmaCruise179.jpg.8a8b9411b47e9b2799d7d3b96092e976.jpg

Archived