oh no SNOW!!!

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

I hardly fly.

How do they get caught up with getting the passengers out. They wouldn't bump tomorrow's passengers,would they?

No on gets bumped. The only way you would get bumped is if you are running late and never checked in for your flight. Most people check-in now from home, but if you decide to wait until you get to the airport and it's less than a specific time before the flight is supposed to leave, you'll get bumped off. The passengers getting cancelled today need to rebook for OPEN and AVAILABLE seats for Saturday, Sunday, etc., whatever is available. That's why you hear people benig "stranded" for days, especially when it's a heavily traveled period like Christmas or Thanksgiving.

Keep the Saturday morning flight, as long as it's NOT snowing and they are still plowing the runways when you're flight leaves you'll be good to go, providing your plane is there waiting for you in the morning, and the airport is "open".

If planes are delayed coming tonight there might be a delay in departure tomorrow morning for the crew rest time. It happened to me once in Dayton - plane was delayed an hour, causing me to miss my connection. Hopefully this doesn't happen at all, or if it does it is a short delay, and I'm guessing your flight is direct so you won't have the connection issue like I did.

Stay optimistic - just think - in 24 hours you will be on board with a cocktail in hand!

If on AA or UAL at ORD, there is less of a problem with this because it is a major hub for them.

...and you are right, with two exceptions I can think of in the last few years, MDW's delays are usually half or more of the delays at ORD. Problem with MDW is Southwest flies out of there. I tend to avoid Southwest because I hate the cattle call.

Sorry, missed that OP was flying from ORD. I agree that MDW's delays are less painful than those at ORD. Getting through Security at MDW is a real pain too - lines are often 20 - 35 minutes.

I am flying out of BDL to FLL on March1,2012 but the cruise sails on March 3. I never fly on the same day in the winter from New England to catch a ship cruise ship too may things can go wrong with the weather. I hope every thing works out for you.

Good luck!!! We fly out tomorrow morning as well, but from MDW and our cruise doesn't leave til Sunday. I would imagine that the worst case scenario for us would be a long delay....or at least I hope!! But I would be just as nervous as you if we were flying out the same day. Being one of the first flights is a huge bonus for you right now! Plus, the storm should be over well before midnight! Keep us posted to make sure you made it!!!

On a side note, other then calling or checking your own flight info, whats the best way to find out how many delays/cancellations there are? Obviously my flight for tomorrow is still saying on time, but I can't seem to find how the flights are going today.

Good luck!!! We fly out tomorrow morning as well, but from MDW and our cruise doesn't leave til Sunday. I would imagine that the worst case scenario for us would be a long delay....or at least I hope!! But I would be just as nervous as you if we were flying out the same day. Being one of the first flights is a huge bonus for you right now! Plus, the storm should be over well before midnight! Keep us posted to make sure you made it!!!

On a side note, other then calling or checking your own flight info, whats the best way to find out how many delays/cancellations there are? Obviously my flight for tomorrow is still saying on time, but I can't seem to find how the flights are going today.

On our sailing in August when the east coast airports were shutting down.

I lived on the airline site for updates and the airport sites.

In fact I kept both pages open when I finally gave up watching at 2am. Slept for 2 hours and back up again.

Our flight was one of two not cancelled. Made our cruise by the skin of our teeth. 800 others were not as fortunate.

http://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/usmap.jsp

No, Gino's is off Michigan Ave (which is where all the shops are). It won the taste challenge on Food Network. The meaty legend is the greatest thing I've ever eaten.

Arent there a number of Ginos around. I know we have a Ginos East here in Indiana. Been hit or miss for me. Probably not as good as the original to which you are referring to.

:(

I leave from Chicago this Saturday morning to fly to Miami for 8 days on Valor. (Valor sails Sat. at 4PM ) 6-8 inches of snow is forecast for Friday and Friday night. Yes I have insurance but that doesn't stop my increasing worry. I am SO worried and becoming a nervous wreck about plane delays. We are due to arrive in Miami at 9:15 AM so we have at most a maybe 6 hour delay window. Happy thoughts PLEASE???

I hope everything comes Ok.It is very HOT here in Miami today you are going to have agreat warm vacations.:)

Leaving out of Chicago in November, our flight was overbooked as the airline had placed "extra passengers" on the plane from cancelled and delayed flights earlier in the day. They started asking for volunteers with $300 as compensation, they got up to $500 before anyone took their offer. At $600, I would have been over/under the ropes and at the counter!!!

Arent there a number of Ginos around. I know we have a Ginos East here in Indiana. Been hit or miss for me. Probably not as good as the original to which you are referring to.

Yes, they are all over the place. I agree with you. Same with Uno's and Lou Malnati's. I guess I'm not a huge fan of Chicago style pizza - prefer a thin, crisp crust.

Archived