TV progream about cruising tonight

flamomo

On tonight's 20/20 show, there is to be a program about cruising. From the clip they showed this morning, I get the feeling it may be something rather sensationalized, because the clip was from a video of some people fighting.

I plan to watch the start of it to see if it appears to be worth my time.

If it's just sensationalism, I will switch to Dateline!!!

That program (20/20) was awful! They took 10 minutes to describe the Concordia disaster and then said, what other cr#p can I fill in for the next 50 minutes to malign the cruise industry?

People falling overboard ... crew members partying and getting raped ... fights breaking out aboard ships ... giant waves tossing ships about ... THAT will certainly get people to cruise!

What a piece of JUNK!

That program (20/20) was awful! They took 10 minutes to describe the Concordia disaster and then said, what other cr#p can I fill in for the next 50 minutes to malign the cruise industry?

People falling overboard ... crew members partying and getting raped ... fights breaking out aboard ships ... giant waves tossing ships about ... THAT will certainly get people to cruise!

What a piece of JUNK!

Believe it or not ..... I fell asleep watching it!!! It was just what I suspected it would be ..... sensationalized junk (except for the little they showed on the Concordia disaster). It was a waste of air time!!!

Fortunately, those that enjoy cruising know the truth about cruising, and few of them would be deterred by this sort of program. It's those that never have that will be sucked into believing that all cruises can be like that.

On all of the cruises we have taken we have seen none of what was reported on 20/20. Yes, the ship does rock a little in really rough seas but that just goes with the territory. The worst behaved people have been on the Carnival ship but not to the extent that was shown last night. Our experiences have been incredible and no tv program is going to change my mind about cruising.

On tonight's 20/20 show, there is to be a program about cruising. From the clip they showed this morning, I get the feeling it may be something rather sensationalized, because the clip was from a video of some people fighting.

I plan to watch the start of it to see if it appears to be worth my time.

If it's just sensationalism, I will switch to Dateline!!!

Murder, rape, dunken orgies, people falling off the ship, people disappearing never to be seen again, tidal waves crashing through the dining windows, Kung Foo rumbles, fist fights, and slave labor.

Now THAT is cruising!

I wonder how many youtube videos that had to look through to find the bad ones they showed on tv.Probably saw thousands of videos ofa people having fun before they came upon these.What a bunch of garbage!I have never seen anything like that on my 10+ Carnival cruises.They make it look like its free drinks and eveyone drinks as much as they can.Most of us can't afford to drink that much.Very disappointed in the show!

Laura

They slunk down into cheesy tabloid reporting on this show. Complete sensationalism reporting. They even had an attorney who I would place in the "ambulance chaser" category. Only one thing good was said about the cruise industry - the author of those "Cruise Ship Confidential" books said he would enjoy a cruise. Everything else said was negative and totally skewed to pander to the irrational excitability of TV viewers.

I am getting really upset about all this bad publicity about cruising...on a news show here in Canada they went on and on about how your travel insurance doesn't cover much etc i wrote them an email about how it's like that for any travel now. I was outraged about the 20/20 show last night. It was completely rubbish. ( rubbish used here as there are restrictions for the boards!!!! )

I was outraged about the 20/20 show last night. It was completely rubbish. ( rubbish used here as there are restrictions for the boards!!!! )

That is how the lame stream media works.

Pathetic, but, they manage to do this with the majority of their reports.

It is not news, they have an agenda. No interest whatsoever in the facts or truth.

Archived