Tea/Coffee Tray in Cabins on Norwegian Jade

SOLADA

• 3 months later...

I this in all cabins on the Jade? Lat time we were in a Penthouse Suite and had the machine. I know regular cabins do not have the big machine, but I was hoping for a pot, etc. All I care about is something to make coffee for first thing in the morning.

Coffee makers are in balconies and above only. Apparently you can ask your steward for a machine and they may oblige. We used room service for an early morning coffee/juice which also serves as an alarm call.

We sailed on the Jade in April in an obstructed view cabin OK. It was a great cabin with 75% view. We didn't have any kind of tea or coffee making facilities so we asked our steward & he brought us a coffee percolator within an hour!

My Mom & Dad were in an "picture window" cabin & they did the same.

How's that for service?

We asked and yes, only cabins with balconies & higher have the coffee making facilities as standard.

Cheers, Sharon

Just a note--the room service coffee is really good. Order it the night before, use it as your wake up call, your phone will ring as they leave for your room, you open the door and there you have a fresh pot, mugs, cream, suger etc. I know some people are picky--in fact I am--but at least try the room service coffee. It is so much more fun to have it delivered and fresh and fresh cream etc. I can make coffee at home any day. :D It is actually better than what is served in the MDR in my opinion. In fact--I sometimes ordered a pot and carried it around with me--LOL!!

• 7 months later...
Coffee makers are in balconies and above only. Apparently you can ask your steward for a machine and they may oblige. We used room service for an early morning coffee/juice which also serves as an alarm call.

Hi Steve its a funny question, but excuse as i am a first time cruiser.... IF my daughter gets a pot of tea and i a pot of coffee as room service how much do we have to pay daily???? Have a very peaceful Christmas....

Rosemarie from Ghana where it is hot and dusty at the moment.... I am German and my daughter is half german and ghanaian:)

We sailed on the Jade in April in an obstructed view cabin OK. It was a great cabin with 75% view. We didn't have any kind of tea or coffee making facilities so we asked our steward & he brought us a coffee percolator within an hour!

My Mom & Dad were in an "picture window" cabin & they did the same.

How's that for service?

We asked and yes, only cabins with balconies & higher have the coffee making facilities as standard.

Cheers, Sharon

well IF you have a coffee maker do you have to bring your own coffee, tea etc???? We have "obstructed view windows" and so are not entiteld for coffee makers...so IF we get one from the steward.... see above

greetings

Have a very peaceful Christmas and many happy cruises in the New Year...

Rosemarie

well IF you have a coffee maker do you have to bring your own coffee, tea etc???? We have "obstructed view windows" and so are not entiteld for coffee makers...so IF we get one from the steward.... see above

greetings

Have a very peaceful Christmas and many happy cruises in the New Year...

Rosemarie

PS: Hope we get such a nice steward as well like you!!!!

Hi Steve its a funny question, but excuse as i am a first time cruiser.... IF my daughter gets a pot of tea and i a pot of coffee as room service how much do we have to pay daily???? Have a very peaceful Christmas....

Rosemarie from Ghana where it is hot and dusty at the moment.... I am German and my daughter is half german and ghanaian:)

Room service is free, except from midnight until 5am. So there would be no charge for coffee or tea. The crew members delivering room service I understand are working on their own time. Therefore, although not required, most guests do tip the person one or two dollars.

Room service is free, except from midnight until 5am. So there would be no charge for coffee or tea. The crew members delivering room service I understand are working on their own time. Therefore, although not required, most guests do tip the person one or two dollars.

"Working on their own time" ? I had no idea, I just thought it was part of their duties. We did order breakfast r oom service. On our very first cruise and it never even occurred to me to give them a tip! Me bad! Live and learn. Thanks for that info.

"Working on their own time" ? I had no idea, I just thought it was part of their duties. We did order breakfast r oom service. On our very first cruise and it never even occurred to me to give them a tip! Me bad! Live and learn. Thanks for that info.

We had no idea either, although, I was going to tip the person who delivered except that they had disappeared by the time I turned back around from setting the tray down. :confused:

thank you for the quick reply and YES of course we would "tip" as we live in a so called developing country we know how much folks rely on tips as so many relatives are looked after by the few who are lucky enough to have work......

Peace and love

Rosemarie

PS: Have a wonderful peaceful Christmas and for the new year good health aND many happy sailings!!!!

Archived