Looking for a taxi service in ft. lauderdale

Ames0299

We have a group of 7 needing a taxi from Crown Plaza to the Port.

Can anyone recommend any? i have never used a taxi before and am not familiar with the area at all.

We will also need a handicap lift as my step-dads wheelchair does not fold. The hotel does offer a shuttle, but they can not accommodate a wheelchair and said for us to get a taxi

Thanks for any help.

The hotel front desk should be able to book 2 taxis for you, including one that will accomodate your step-father's wheelchair.

Other options include the standard list of FLL based shuttle operators - SAS, QLS, and Go Airport Shuttle.

Good luck! :)

When we were in Fort Lauderdale we used a company called Starzlimo to transport us to and from the port as well as around Fort Lauderdale. They provided excellent service and had several different sizes and types of vehicles. Their website is

www.starzlimoshuttle.com

Contact them to see if they can help you out.

Beth

We used Howard with our group of 11 from the Marriott beach place to the port. Since we had so much luggage, he came with an attached trailer . SAS recommended Howard to us since SAS only does Miami airport to FLL transfers- not local FLL to port transfers. I called Howard at 954-649-0099 and gave him my request time of 10am. He was there at 9:40am. I think your dad's wheelchair would fit in the trailer. His web site is howardairport.net.

If the hotel provides a complimentary shuttle for able bodied passengers, they are required by law to provide transportation for the wheelchair passenger. We talk with the mgr of the hotel where we are staying in Ft. Lauderdale in advance and advise them of the situation. We allow them to determine how they want to handle this, as they are the one who has to pay. In every case they have used a wheelchair accessible taxi, either arranging it in advance or calling the taxi and paying in advance.

The wheelchair accessible taxis in Ft. Lauderdale are minivans with a lift in the back. If the disabled person sits in the wheelchair in the back, there is room for a couple of other people and some luggage. So all of you could not go in a taxi. It sounds like you will need to split up, with some taking the shuttle and a couple in the taxi. I suggest that all of the luggage except for carryons go in the shuttle with the main group.

If you have some problem with the Crown Plaza Management, then contact the Holiday Inn corporate office and I'm sure they would take care of it.

Archived