Freedom and Grand Cayman

geneology

We are on the Freedom on Feb 19. When we dock in Grand Cayman, 7AM to 4PM, my DH and I would like to spend about 3 hours at 7 mile beach and then go to town walk around, get something to eat and head back to the ship. When would be the best time to get off the ship and get the tender? Are there taxis that can get us to and from the beach? What time should we get to the tender to get back to the ship on time? Would like to avoid the rush as I tend to be nervous that we are going to miss the ship. New to cruising!! Never did this before. Bermuda was easy - one stop - 3 days. LOL Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I would wait until 30 minutes or so after they announce the all clear over the loud speaker. After 30 minutes they can clear most of those sitting in the stairwells who are in a hurry to get off.

I think the last tender is 30 minutes before the ship leaves, so I would try and catch it an hour before and give yourself some breathing room in case the taxi hits a snag bringing you back to the port.

We are on the Freedom on Feb 19. When we dock in Grand Cayman, 7AM to 4PM, my DH and I would like to spend about 3 hours at 7 mile beach and then go to town walk around, get something to eat and head back to the ship. When would be the best time to get off the ship and get the tender? Are there taxis that can get us to and from the beach? What time should we get to the tender to get back to the ship on time? Would like to avoid the rush as I tend to be nervous that we are going to miss the ship. New to cruising!! Never did this before. Bermuda was easy - one stop - 3 days. LOL Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Don't worry, Grand Cayman is an easy port.

We had no problem getting a tender to Grand Cayman, it went pretty quickly. You will have no problem getting a taxi.

When we went to Grand Cayman last summer there was a huge line getting back to our RCCL ship. There was no line for Carnival. I have no idea why but there were search dogs smelling for drugs and actually found a couple of people. :rolleyes: We didn't even get there last minute, we were 2 hours early. I don't think you will have this experience. We had been to Grand Cayman before and never experienced this before. The ship will tell you your tender back time. I wouldn't do last tender, come back 1 hour early :)

Have fun in Grand Cayman, it has the most beautiful beaches!

Archived