Booked one Platinum in each cabin but...

ManyMore

We split ourselves in two cabins so out friends could get the past guest discount. When we get on the ship we will put it back the right way but my question is this.... when it comes to our gifts and goodies... will they then know they come to our cabin or will they be split because that is all processed before the cruise sails? On another note.. anyone know how much a carton of cigarettes are? I'm bringing some back for a friend and she wants to know how much money to give me.

Thanks!!

Our cabins are next to each other so I assume we will have the same cabin steward. Hmmmm but maybe I should let the stuff go to each cabin because we would get one say... chocolate covered strawberrys if we are both in one cabin but if one in each there would be two delivered and my friends can have that lol I will just tell my friends they can have that stuff but I want the gift lol

The ships only carried limited brands.

and last cruise they were 35.00 but they do have bundles.. like buy 5 for 105. (or something like that)

but note that some sailings you will only be allowed 200 cigerettes per person

We split ourselves in two cabins so out friends could get the past guest discount. When we get on the ship we will put it back the right way but my question is this.... when it comes to our gifts and goodies... will they then know they come to our cabin or will they be split because that is all processed before the cruise sails? On another note.. anyone know how much a carton of cigarettes are? I'm bringing some back for a friend and she wants to know how much money to give me.

Thanks!!

If you go for one of the deals, like 5 cartons for $109, split them up in the suitcases and dont declare them. one duty free carton per pax is allowed, but Ive never had my suitcase searched. Some people break up all the extra cartons and spread them out.

Well there are 4 of us traveling and none of us smoke so maybe if she wants the 5 we will just break up one carton and pack the other 4. I remember when they were like $15 a carton on the ship lol

We never were given only one gift for the two platinums and I would certainly go down and complain if that did that. We have different last names so we could be just friends traveling together and certainly wouldn't share one gift.

Why are some people still getting the coolers? I thought John said after a certain date in January it was a back pack?

Well there are 4 of us traveling and none of us smoke so maybe if she wants the 5 we will just break up one carton and pack the other 4. I remember when they were like $15 a carton on the ship lol

We never were given only one gift for the two platinums and I would certainly go down and complain if that did that. We have different last names so we could be just friends traveling together and certainly wouldn't share one gift.

Why are some people still getting the coolers? I thought John said after a certain date in January it was a back pack?

Platinum gift is different throughout the fleet. They are "getting rid of" what they have before they start with the new item. You didn't mention what ship you are sailing; but on the Triumph a week ago, it was still the blue coolers.

Cigs are a great buy - limited brands (as mentioned); but the 5 cartons for $109. is the best deal.

A couple of cruises ago, we had 5 cabins in a row. My parents had to cancel the day before the ship sailed and to keep the string of cabins together, we moved into my parents cabin and my sister moved into mine - so as to close the gap my parent's canceled cabin caused.

Welll....what a mess it was. My sister received all of the Platinum items in her cabin (she gave them to us). We had issues getting on and off the ship EVERY TIME with our S&S cards 'bomping' and us having to get out of line, having our names and cabins numbers written on a clip board EVERY TIME. I went to the purser's desk 4 times (including talking to supervisors) and each time was told it was corrected.... and it wasn't.

Mess up on my TA's part you'd say, right? No. I had copies of the written confirmations of the changes with Carnival that everything had been changed and Carnival accepting the cabin changes and cancellation of my parents, including messages that the changes had been sent to the ship.

The issues continued even as we left the ship to disembark. Bomping is after 7 days on the ship. NEVER again will we do that again. It seems that they still had my parents on everything attached to that room IN THE SHIP's documents/records/security listings. And us now being in that cabin caused issues the entire cruise. My parents even got a bill at the end of the cruise for $13!

Kathy

In Belize last May I saw cartons (Marlboro & Newport) for $18 each (duty free store) in the tourist shopping village in port. Hard to beat. But in Nassau earlier this month, the same were $48 - which in some states is higher than a sale price at retail.

Onboard, as others said, 5 for $109, and 2 for $52, depending on brandname.

I don't get why you would split up to spread out the Platinum benefits.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it sure seams like a lot of hassle....

I cruise with both past guests and 'cruise virgins' and I tell them where to meet us on embarkation. When we fly home together, I just get more luggage tags for everyone...

Simple, and it works....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cruise with both past guests and 'cruise virgins' and I tell them where to meet us on embarkation. When we fly home together, I just get more luggage tags for everyone...

Simple, and it works....

The OP states they split to get a Past Guest discount for both rooms. The splitting of the Platinum benefits is a side effect.

Simple, and it works....

I think the OP wanted to have a past guest in both cabins to get the PG rate. It just happens in this case that both PG are also Platinum.

The OP states they split to get a Past Guest discount for both rooms. The splitting of the Platinum benefits is a side effect.

I think the OP wanted to have a past guest in both cabins to get the PG rate. It just happens in this case that both PG are also Platinum.

Oh ya....the first part didn't sink in.:o

Still not sure I would go through the hassle...

In Belize last May I saw cartons (Marlboro & Newport) for $18 each (duty free store) in the tourist shopping village in port. Hard to beat. But in Nassau earlier this month, the same were $48 - which in some states is higher than a sale price at retail.

Onboard, as others said, 5 for $109, and 2 for $52, depending on brandname.

Just be careful when buying cheaper cigerettes in port. You want to make sure you are buying class A cigerettes. They do sell class B at a much lower price. Mistakenly got these one cruise--they burn MUCH quicker so really did not save any money in the long run

Simple, and it works....

We didn't split to spread out platinum benefits, we split so they could book under that past guest rate which was $75 per person less so they saved $150 by us doing that.

I just have to say that the irony of this statement cracks me up. Here you have gone to the trouble of booking yourselves into two different rooms to get something for someone who doesn't deserve it, past guest rate, but then you state you would complain if you didn't get two gifts. That just cracks me up.:D

Archived