Priceline for hotels in February,2006

meisha

Go to biddingfortravel.com for everything you need to know about Priceline. Be sure to read the Hotel FAQ and understand the use of "free rebidding". It is the most important thing to know when using Priceline. Good luck. We only use Priceline now for pre and post cruise stays.

I have tried three times now in the past two weeks, I know the price I wileventurally get in from past experiences but I don't know if the inventory is in yet, I start with priceline as soon as that 330 day period opens up, I have always been able to get hotels in orlando for around 45.00 and ft. lauderdale about 65.00 (3star)

We have stayed at the Sheraton Airport twice and found it to be pretty nice.

Also stayed at Comfort Inn Airport and it was adequate. Was your last bid for Lauderdale $65? Hope I'm not being too nosey. I know prices have gone up but don't want to give them more than they will accept. Thanks.

I only bid on 4 and 5 star hotels because, I think, there is too much lousy inventory at the lower levels. That said, I haven't bid for Feb 2006, but I did bid in January for 5 star hotel for November, and got it! I think it is exciting to get a hotel for $80 when their lowest posted rate is $420.

I echo the sentiment regarding checking out http://www.biddingfortravel.com AND http://www.betterbidding.com BEFORE bidding on any hotel. Not only will you get an idea on what is appropriate bid, but also on the quality of the hotels in the various zones.

Thanks Coiran for your post. I hope my post did not come across as snotty, because I am far from it! But Coiran's post did give me pause for thought, and make me want to further explain myself. I find that 3 star hotels (on Priceline--in USA--go for $40-70. BTW--most of my Priceline bids have been outside the USA) 4 star hotels from $65-90. My thoughts were if I were willing to pay $65-80 for a hotel, I would not use Priceline for a 3 star, because I would feel more comfortable selecting the hotel myself. It is sad to say that SOME priceline hotels do not live up to their star levels, especially at the lower levels--there are too many unsatified customers attestifying to it at that level--I do give much consideration to those who care to leave a review of a hotel, after they have stayed. If I wanted to save money, and just have a comfortable (safe, clean) place to rest my head for the night, I'd select it myself...and pay the going rate...it would not (generally) exceed the price one could get for a Priceline 4 star rate. I think the GREAT thing about Priceline is staying a hotel that I would not normally stay at for the going rate. I understand how some would think differently; and I welcome them to their opinion. For me, it's about value. Saving $200+ for a great hotel...and paying the rate I would for my CHOOSEN normal hotel is more valuable to me than saving $20-$40 for a hotel I might NEVER choose to stay in.

The Sheraton Airport for 49.00 is great. If you visit their site to book the rooms are pricey, I thought for not being right in FLL. We stayed there in Feb and got it on Priceline at 80.00 and I thought that was a deal. The hotel is nice. It has a great pool area, and the beds are very comfy. With that said, the price to eat there is steep. They have menus behind the desk for outside eateries that deliver, that are fine. Being "away from it all" you would need a car to tour around. As far as getting to port, they have drivers on site and the charge to port is 15.00.

We had a room for ourself, then a week later two rooms for our kids, then a week later a room for us - all at $49 + tax - for a $5 cab ride there is a very nice seafood restaraunt in the Bass Pro Shop complex called Islamorad Fish Company - about a 5 minute ride and the prices are very reasonable. We are going to try it again in October.

Ron

Archived