Platinum Boarding

kellieann5

Getting ready to leave and I can't seem to put my hands on this info-

We are a group of 7 (6 adults, 1 baby) and we are in 3 rooms. One adult is platinum, the rest of us are not. I know that the 1 platinum adult gets priority boarding when we embark in Miami. Who gets on the boat with her?

Is it just the person in her room (not on her sign and sail account)?

How about a person in a different room that is on her sign and sale account?

What about the rest of us?

The edocs of the cabin with the platinum cruiser are all marked VIP.

If there are minor children on the same credit card boarding with the adult, they can board with them, otherwise the children and anyone else should board where their cards are stored.. regular.

Anyone in the cabin with the Platinum cruiser will board with them. Also, if anyone else's sign and sail card is being paid by the Platinum cruiser's credit card, they (any anyone else in the cabin) would need to board with the Platinum cruiser.

Reasoning - the Platinum cruiser needs to sign for the charges for the sign and sail card, plus they ALWAYS keep the cards together by cabin. Therefore, even if the Platinum cruiser is not responsible for YOUR card, if they are responsible for YOUR ROOMMATES card, you would still go with the Platinum cruiser.

Anyone in the cabin with the Platinum cruiser will board with them. Also, if anyone else's sign and sail card is being paid by the Platinum cruiser's credit card, they (any anyone else in the cabin) would need to board with the Platinum cruiser.

Reasoning - the Platinum cruiser needs to sign for the charges for the sign and sail card, plus they ALWAYS keep the cards together by cabin. Therefore, even if the Platinum cruiser is not responsible for YOUR card, if they are responsible for YOUR ROOMMATES card, you would still go with the Platinum cruiser.

?? but the regular cards would all not be with the platinum card. They will have to walk over and get all of the regular ones.. I dont understand your reasonsing that those not on the VIPs card should board with them too. I disagree since their card is not with the platinum cards.

We also have one Platinum member cruising with our group of 7, some adults some Children. I found this information on the Carnival website under their FAQ's:

What is VIP check-in?

VIP Check-In Program

Priority Debarkation

VIP Check-In Program

Carnival’s VIP Check-In is an exclusive service designed to afford our Platinum guests, Carnival Vacation Club members and those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations with special registration privileges. Cruise tickets for Platinum guests and those traveling in deluxe accommodations will read, "Please proceed to VIP Check-In".

Qualifying guest need only to ask for “VIP Check-In” upon arrival at the cruise terminal. Embarkation staff will ensure that the guests are expedited through the check-in procedure as quickly as is possible, while providing quality service.

We offer VIP Check-In at ALL embarkation ports.

Note: For those guests traveling with an additional stateroom that does not fall into one of the three categories above, the additional stateroom may check in through the VIP Program only if, 1) there are minor children traveling in the additional stateroom, or 2) the guests in the additional stateroom share the same Sail & Sign account with the qualified VIP guest.

Priority Debarkation

In addition, Platinum guests and those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations will receive a debarkation letter offering a choice of how they would prefer to disembark the ship. They will be given the option of Self Assist (where offered) or Priority Debarkation; for Priority Debarkation, the guest will receive special luggage tags which will entitle them to debark the ship after the Self Assist guests but before the remainder of the guests.

Here is the link to the page I found it on. http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=boarding+pass

*oops guess that link takes you to a search page. Anyway I went to the FAQ's then did a search for VIP Boarding. The results I posted are what was found :)

We did the same thing on our cruise in September.

My brother and nephew (first cruise) were on my sail and sign account and were in the VIP with us.

We were not holding up any lines waiting for them to go get their cards as they took your name as you entered the VIP lounge and you had a seat and waited to be called.

This was in Miami.

Bill

OK, so according to the Carnival page:

room 1 (2 adults)- VIP because 1 of them is platinum

room 2 (2 adults)- VIP because 1 of them shares a sign and sail with the platinum member

room 3 (2 adults, 1 baby)- VIP because there is a minor child traveling with the platinum member

I think we're stretching it on room 3...but it is a literal translation of the policy online that Steph posted?

What happens if we all get in the VIP line and they deem some us unfit for VIP? Do we have to start all over again with the boarding process? Has this happened to anyone? Our group includes a 91 year old and a 1 year old...it would be MUCH easier to all go on together, but I know my mother will not give up her 'platinum' status.

room 2 (2 adults)- VIP because 1 of them shares a sign and sail with the platinum member

room 3 (2 adults, 1 baby)- VIP because there is a minor child traveling with the platinum member

I think we're stretching it on room 3...but it is a literal translation of the policy online that Steph posted?

What happens if we all get in the VIP line and they deem some us unfit for VIP? Do we have to start all over again with the boarding process? Has this happened to anyone? Our group includes a 91 year old and a 1 year old...it would be MUCH easier to all go on together, but I know my mother will not give up her 'platinum' status.

go back to start.

do not pass go.

do not collect $200

Bill

?? but the regular cards would all not be with the platinum card. They will have to walk over and get all of the regular ones.. I dont understand your reasonsing that those not on the VIPs card should board with them too. I disagree since their card is not with the platinum cards.

My husband and I are platinum members and our two adult children are not, we were in two cabins and our two adult children were able to board with us as well as debark with us at the end of the cruise.

Well I can say this, my parents are platinum and while they helped me pay for our cruise on the Legend all expenses on board were ours to pay.

We went with them and had all our paperwork processed with them, no questions asked. We were even asked if we wanted coffee, tea or water while we waited along with my parents.

No I'm not platinum but the carnival representative didn't seem to mind helping my hubby, son and I out along with my parents.

Nice.

We did the same thing on our cruise in September.

My brother and nephew (first cruise) were on my sail and sign account and were in the VIP with us.

We were not holding up any lines waiting for them to go get their cards as they took your name as you entered the VIP lounge and you had a seat and waited to be called.

This was in Miami.

Bill

Ok- so we are leaving out of Tampa- (one would think it would all be the same) the agent we booked with told me that i can link my dad to my booking and his card should be with mine.

By the person checking us in-- does that hold up the line at all?

When we sign in-- do we sign in together or as individuals?

Ok- so we are leaving out of Tampa- (one would think it would all be the same) the agent we booked with told me that i can link my dad to my booking and his card should be with mine.

If both of you are in the same cabin, YES. His card will be with yours.

If you are in different cabins, His will be in the regular line. Yours will be in VIP. Unless you are paying his S&S bill on your account.

Simply linking 2 cabins only gets you seated together in the main dining room. It does not automatically link your S&S or get others VIP status.

Check your boarding pass. If it and your luggage tags say VIP your paperwork will be in the VIP lounge. If not your paperwork will be in the regular line.

We often take our nieces with us on our cruises. If their Sail and Sign is on our credit card their paperwork is usually VIP like ours. If not they have to go to regular check in.

Check your boarding pass. If it and your luggage tags say VIP your paperwork will be in the VIP lounge. If not your paperwork will be in the regular line.

We often take our nieces with us on our cruises. If their Sail and Sign is on our credit card their paperwork is usually VIP like ours. If not they have to go to regular check in.

Hmmm, Just checked my paperwork. It does not say VIP, however my Sail and Sign account is under the Platinum cruisers account. According to the policy I found on the Carnival website I will be allowed to board with the VIP in our party. Guess we will see if they follow their policy when we arrive. ;)

We took our daughters last year. We had 3 rooms, all paid for with the same CC. We were VIP and the girls were also because all the rooms were paid for with the same CC.

Did their boarding passes say VIP also or if they didn't they just allowed them to board with you?

Did their boarding passes say VIP also or if they didn't they just allowed them to board with you?

When we went into the VIP area to get our Sale & Sign cards we explained that thier rooms were on our CC and they went with us thought the VIP checking. I do not recall what was on there boarding passes.

Hmmm, Just checked my paperwork. It does not say VIP, however my Sail and Sign account is under the Platinum cruisers account. According to the policy I found on the Carnival website I will be allowed to board with the VIP in our party. Guess we will see if they follow their policy when we arrive. ;)

have you looked at your documents?

On the web site== I have VIP written across the top page of the documents. (listed under the general information tab)

No where on my documents does it state platinum cruiser- where do you see that?

We also left from Tampa, when we checked in as Platinum members one of the Carnival Reps just walked over got our adult kid's Sign and Sale cards and brought them over to them. Then we all went to the chairs for the VIP boarding.

DH and I are platinum.

When we took our son and his friend their Sign and Sail cards were linked to our CC.

And their passes did not say VIP, but they did stay with us during embarkation.

After we paid the tips my son's friend was able to put cash on their S&S account.

It worked out.

have you looked at your documents?

On the web site== I have VIP written across the top page of the documents. (listed under the general information tab)

No where on my documents does it state platinum cruiser- where do you see that?

Platinum cruiser is NOT on the documents. I was looking for the VIP, as my sail and sign account is linked to the the cruiser who is platinum. Whose documents do say VIP

Some of you are correct per Carnival rules and regulations, some are stretching it. What will happen is that if you aren't linked correctly it might not be a big deal to you but it DOES hold up the VIP line because a rep has to go the regular line and retrieve the other cabin's card's. Not a big deal to you and you will get great service but is it really fair to all those folks behind you waiting who have earned that service? One person in your party of ten or twelve is platinum......unless you are covering the sail and sign charges for the minor children and the other rooms then they should not be boarding with you. That is the intent of the rules, your inference may vary and of course do as you wish.

It will also depend on the willingness of that Carnival rep to bend the rules for you. I however don't see a rep turning you away or making you start over.

Someone was correct in saying that if a roomie is in with someone with sail and sign charging then they would be allowed to come and that is correct because it covers the room.

Platinum cruiser is NOT on the documents. I was looking for the VIP, as my sail and sign account is linked to the the cruiser who is platinum. Whose documents do say VIP

oh. then yours should not have VIP.

I am taking my dad- who is in another cabin. We are VIP = he is not.

But I linked all the bookings with my credit card and the agent made sure all is well. His does not state VIP. THe agent said all I have to do is tell security he is with me

Archived