Pool deck - Epic vs Oasis

george2000

Posted this on RCL thread, but posting here to get NCL comments also.

Daughter and I spend most of our time on sea days in the sun on the pool deck. So the pool deck is a very important part of our cruise. We're trying to decide between a December cruise on the Oasis or Epic. Both ships have the same itinerary. Which ship is it easier to get a lounge chair by the pool on? I've read that the epic can seem very crowded and people are reserving chairs as early as 6am.

Daughter and I spend most of our time on sea days in the sun on the pool deck. So the pool deck is a very important part of our cruise. We're trying to decide between a December cruise on the Oasis or Epic. Both ships have the same itinerary. Which ship is it easier to get a lounge chair by the pool on? I've read that the epic can seem very crowded and people are reserving chairs as early as 6am.

I have not been on the Epic, but I have been on Oasis. There are multiple pools on the Oasis...I can't even remember how many. We went in June and at no time was it difficult to get a chair by any of the pools whether it be in the shade or in the sun - even on At Sea days. There is also an awesome adults only area which again, has plenty of loungers, chair groupings, and even it's own buffet which was wonderful. The only thing I will say was that the adults only area was clear covered from above (hope that makes sense). If you are searching for full shade, then this area was a bit tougher to find a full shade chair/lounger. Loved, loved, loved Oasis!

while the water area on Epic is large, the pools themselves are small. As such, there are not a lot of seats "by the pool" per se. There are, however, lots of places to lay out and catch the sun.

I've not been on Oasis and don't have a comparison

Here is picture of the Epic pool deck on a very busy sea day

http://images55.fotki.com/v1603/fileVnzw/b179c/7/649277/9048293/1610.jpg

I have been on both ships. Without a doubt, Oasis. Despite her size, Oasis is one of the most uncrowded ships I have been on. There are 5 pool areas - 6 if you count the Flowriders "Wipeout" zone. I've walked up to the pool deck around 10-11 am and had no problem finding chairs. What you heard about Epic is correct. By late morning, chairs near the pools are impossible to find.

I have not been on the Epic yet but I've been on the Oasis, soon to be twice. We never had difficulty finding a pool chair no matter what time of the day. It was the most uncrowded ship I've ever been on. Have a great cruise as I'm sure you will love either one.

Archived