Taking photos in cruise ship terminal

tk22

Our cruise right after 9/11 was the first time I was made aware that we couldn't take pictures in the terminal. That was in Miami. My niece was yelled at for using her cell phone in the Port Canaveral terminal after a cruise. Yes, she could have waited until she got outside, but was trying to locate her dad who had gotten separated from us leaving the ship. :rolleyes:

As if a terrorist couldn't get a super secret spy camera in a box of cracker jacks that would allow them to do all the surveillance they wanted to.

I guess they would be easy to spot, however, look for the ones who booked a one way cruise at the last minute and paid cash. :p

i actually found myself for a split second looking for the "like" button :D

so true....

like!

Photographing sensitive areas -- borders, police stations, military of any sort, etc. -- is largely forbidden around the globe.

I remember years ago, traveling by taxi from Samarkand to Tashkent by taxi, the taxi crossed the Uzbek-Khazak border. (There is a neck of land belonging to Kazakhstan which juts into Uzbekistan, and which you can not avoid on the way to the capital Tashkent, but has no border checkpoints) I asked the taxi to stop and took a photo of a huge sign up in the air, which I assume said "Welcome to Kazakhstan." Needless to say, I would never have done this if I had seen any officials around. It is hard to believe that I somehow did not see the Kazakh policeman standing directly under the sign.

Almost immediately, he came running over, toting his automatic weapon and shouting something or other at the driver. Not knowing what to do, I asked "Kazakhstan?" and then started kissing the ground. The driver shrugged and said what was unmistakably roughly "turist amerikanski." The policeman started laughing and just walked away. A better outcome than I deserved.

Before we entered the terminal in Tampa, being the shutterbug that I am, I was taking photos of the people and the area. I was approached by a very nice armed uniformed agent who politely suggested that I put the camera away since it was a secure area. He didn't want some plainclothes agent confiscating my camera or card. Of course, I quickly put it away.

Archived