Taking photos in cruise ship terminal

tk22

It's part of TSA and Customs regulations...

:)

I did a bit of research and interestingly enough found this on a TSA blog:

We don’t prohibit public, passengers or press from photographing, videotaping, or filming at screening locations. You can take pictures at our checkpoints as long as you’re not interfering with the screening process or slowing things down. We also ask that you do not film or take pictures of our monitors.

However… while the TSA does not prohibit photographs at screening locations, local laws, state statutes, or local ordinances might.

http://blog.tsa.gov/2009/03/can-i-take-photos-at-checkpoint-and.html

Please note the link... blog.tsa.gov That's info from at TSA official sooooo...

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info - maybe I was okay then; just took a photo of my group sitting waiting to board and not holding up any lines or checking in process.

ROFL that is a good one, my experience at the Mouse is different. What you have camera attached to a gun :D

Disney is probably the one place where the paid Disney photographers actually offered and took pictures for me with my equipment putting down their fancy wireless connected devices to help both at their photo stops and also at the character shoots.

You think the terminals is bad? I like taking lots of photos - especially at night. I was at Disneyland between California Adventure and Disneyland taking lots of pictures - Disney security swarmed me - about 5 guys.

At the port in Miami, it was just one security person.

My daughter has a photo of the Carnival lady in Galveston running over and holding her hand in front of DD's camera.

She said that they would take the camera if she had taken a photo.

We figured that the powers that be did not want a photo of the long lines standing in the heat waiting for customs.

It was August and it was hot.

And way not fun, so I can see why they don't want photos.

ROFL that is a good one, my experience at the Mouse is different. What you have camera attached to a gun :D

Disney is probably the one place where the paid Disney photographers actually offered and took pictures for me with my equipment putting down their fancy wireless connected devices to help both at their photo stops and also at the character shoots.

Inside the park was different. This was outside the gates in between the admission gates to the 2 parks.

Inside the park was different. This was outside the gates in between the admission gates to the 2 parks.

Never had anyone like that at Disneyland, were you lighting up a joint or cleaning a gun while taking a picture? I've had a season pass for Disneyland for a few years now and have taken countless pictures between the two parks and never a word, no idea why they would say no, especially since all the decorations between the two parks are designed to have pictures taken?

What did they do with all of that space? Just empty?

The Embarkation area is a third to maybe a half of the dome. The empty space is taken up by "rope mazes"

The rest of the main floor is luggage retrieval and customs. Immigration is on the upper floor.

Never had anyone like that at Disneyland, were you lighting up a joint or cleaning a gun while taking a picture? I've had a season pass for Disneyland for a few years now and have taken countless pictures between the two parks and never a word, no idea why they would say no, especially since all the decorations between the two parks are designed to have pictures taken?

It was within a year of 9/11, so they were being hyper-sensitive. I was just using an SLR - I was carrying, but not using a tripod.

Security guards and law enforcement tend to use the word "security" very freely without actually knowing what specifically about security they're talking about. The people who want to do bad things will find a way to do it and use technology and other creative methods. Photographing places with a big ass DSLR camera in public view is not one of them.

I'm a professional photographer who happens to be brown, and I've experienced my fair share of intimidation, power abuse, and discrimination when it comes to photography. A few years ago in Boston, I was reported to the authorities by a few members of the public for being a suspicious guy with a camera, just because I was holding one and conveniently I'm brown. I wasn't photographing! And in some touristy places, where it's filled with camera wielding tourists, I was warned by security guards to not photograph because it's a "security" issue! But not 20 feet from me, white folks were freely allowed to do so! ***!

So, when it's comes to photographing, I take the "security" concerns with a grain of salt. I'll be photographing to document my first cruise experience regardless.

Cheers.

Governments forget that technology has changed a lot from the old days where a picture was still an important part of security. Nowadays with satellites able to picture ants crawling on my front steps, a tourists picture of a port is pretty innocuous. I remember taking the train across Siberia years ago and being warned- no pictures of bridges or train stations. One of the folks in my train car was a Russian general who every time we came to a river (and hence, a bridge) would call to me- come quickly look how lovely take a picture. And at every train station a group of Swiss passengers took out their video cameras and openly filmed the archtecture. So I came home with a complete set of the bridges and trainstations of Siberia. I kept hoping that some gov official would come seeking my valuble secret information but alas- no such notoriety. This mindset remains.

I'm a professional photographer who happens to be brown, and I've experienced my fair share of intimidation, power abuse, and discrimination when it comes to photography. A few years ago in Boston, I was reported to the authorities by a few members of the public for being a suspicious guy with a camera, just because I was holding one and conveniently I'm brown. I wasn't photographing! And in some touristy places, where it's filled with camera wielding tourists, I was warned by security guards to not photograph because it's a "security" issue! But not 20 feet from me, white folks were freely allowed to do so! ***!

Ah yes- a cardinal sin at times here in the states- taking pictures while brown. My son has on occassionally likewise sinned. As you say ***! and in addition #@^&!

You aren't allowed to, because...

P1110590.JPG

IMG_5343.JPG

Is this Miami? I hope so..... it has been several years since I cruised Carnival out of Miami (6 to be exact) so things have really changed for the better. I too got into trouble for just taking a photo of the stain glass artwork. I had to show security all of my photo's just to prove to them this was the only photo I had taken (wasn't that big of a deal .... them searching through my camera since it only had 4 other photo's on my camera) While lady security was checking out my photo's .... I asked her why and I couldn't take any photo's and her answer was security for other passengers ...... I laughed and said just like Vegas huh? Nobody wants to be caught boarding with the wrong person on a cruise ...... she just laughed and said "Something like that."

000_0008.jpg?t=1294206963

Port Canaveral is beautiful.

come to think of it we went there on the carnival Pride-

Never really paid attention when checking in-- I wanted to be on the ship.

I did notice signs that said no cell phones- no photography

I took a picture of the people screening the bags on their way to the ship. It was at that moment that I was surprised that anything would ever be confiscated, or anything dangerous actually be found.

CCL must have really picked up their game compared to what it was even 4 years ago. Maybe they actually turned on the scanner screen. We were still outside so nobody freaked out about me using my phone on my camera.

Archived