Booking / Pricing Question

I have been looking at a Freedom cruise coming up in May 2012. I have been watching prices for a few weeks now and they have come up about $300 per person from when I first looked. I know that RCCL will adjust your rate if the rate lowers BEFORE final payment, but no changes after final payment.

My question is....should I play it safe and book while the prices are where they are currently and just hope for a lower rate before final payment (which is March 9) or shall I wait until the final payment date passes and see if the rates go lower?? I have been on these boards for several years now and I know most will say book it because you won't get the cabin selection, etc if you wait. I also know the time is starting the peak cruising time so I don't know if the prices will drop too much at all.

The reason I am asking on these boards is that I know there are lots of people who cruise very frequently and at all times of the year, etc who could probably share their experiences which would help shed some insight to me.

THANKS!!!

Freedom cruises seldom go down. Remember that most cruise ships go to Europe and abandon Florida in the summer.For seven day cruises RCI only has the Freedom, The Oasis and the Allure, usually.I won't say for sure because it can change on a whim. That cuts down on the availability from May to November.We really love the Freedom.Good luck.

Last week I was in the same predicament you're in right now. I wanted to upgrade to a balcony so badly, but the prices were very high. I debated waiting for prices drops....

But you know what? Every time the price per cabin goes up, it will hurt.... Bite the bullet, book the cruise and should the pricing drop AFTER final payment - you may even get a chance to upgrade to a higher category!

We booked Freedom for May 13th while we were on her last May. So we booked a year out and we have seen one $20 price drop with several price increases. I would go ahead and book it, I'm not expecting the prices to drop.

Like somebody else mentioned, there are only 3 ships doing Caribbean cruises out of Florida during the summer.

Archived