Bon Voyage Experience on Princess?

BGarbo

• 6 months later...
I am thinking about doing BVE with friends in NY when the Caribbean Princess is here but don't know if it will dock in the city or Brooklyn. Anyone know what the parking situation is in either location? Thanks

CB docks in Red Hook Brooklyn. Easy parking right at the terminal.

• 5 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me where you pick up your photos? Do they hand them to you on the way out since the photo center would not even be open till after they set sail?

I'm sure they will tell us when they give us all the other info once we check in, but I was just curious.

• 2 weeks later...
I called Princess Cruises and they confirmed the 2013 schedule for BVE is the same as 2012.

That is funny, I just called this afternoon & spent about 15 to 20 mins on hold while the princess rep tried to get to the BVE desk to ask about the CC BVE out of FLL on Jan 19th & was told they did not have the 2013 schedule yet and had no idea when it would be out. Which is also strange since we are 108 days from sailing & the info on the BVE says it can be booked from 120 to 7 days before the sail date...... my TA said she was surprised they were still doing it. It is still on the website as possible so it should still be available next year....we shall see!

If you are on the sailing you do not have to pay for the BVE, only the guests who will be departing before sailaway do. You will not get a free glass of wine at lunch like the BVE participants will, but that is about it. The BVE folks will get a free embarcation photo before they leave the ship and you will have to pay for yours if you want it. The dining room staff know the BVE folks because they will be wearing a tag that says "Bon Voyage"

Actually, when we did the BVE, we all got a glass of wine, as well as all of us getting photos, although we were sailing, and our guests were not. To answer another question, any of you can pay for the lunch... The sailing passengers can choose to pay for their guests (as we did), or the guests can call Princess and set it up directly.

I'm sailing on the CB Oct 20th and invited my sister and niece to do the BVE since they live in NY.

The Princess rep took my cc info for their charge and told me that we can all board together (or not if our lfight is late) but that we will be charged the $39on our shipboard account too!

I asked "the people who are actually going on the cruise pay too?" and she said, "Yes, since you get a picture and a lunch, it's just like booking a specialty restauraunt"

I guess I'll find out for sure on the 20th!

I'm sailing on the CB Oct 20th and invited my sister and niece to do the BVE since they live in NY.

The Princess rep took my cc info for their charge and told me that we can all board together (or not if our lfight is late) but that we will be charged the $39on our shipboard account too!

I asked "the people who are actually going on the cruise pay too?" and she said, "Yes, since you get a picture and a lunch, it's just like booking a specialty restauraunt"

I guess I'll find out for sure on the 20th!

that doesn't sound right. Lunch is already included for those sailing, so $39 for a picture and glass of wine sounds pretty steep. The Princess reps really don't seem to know what they are talking about. You can speak to 10 different reps and get 10 different answers. I called once to make reservations for the BVE and the rep told me I needed all the passport info for those going and would not make the reservation until I got the info. I called back, got a different rep and made the reservations, no problem.

Our family just did the BVE on the Golden (September 15th sailing). 20 of us were booked on the cruise and 4 were booked on the BVE. We only paid the $39 for the 4 doing the BVE. We all boarded together and we all had lunch together. They even had enough group pictures for us all to get one.

Archived