What to do in St. Kitts with active 5 year old?

tikcho

We will be on the Silhouette in February with my very active 5 year old boy. This is his 6th cruise and while he loves beaches he also loves interesting activities (swim w/ dolphins, turtles, monkeys, hiking, airboats, etc) Any sugegstions on what to do other than beach time? Are there any easier hikes? Are the mud baths suitable for him? Any tour companies you used done with kids?

When I was in St Kitts in September at Cockleshell Beach, they had an area for horseback riding, but the horses weren't out because it was low season. They also have monkeys at one of the restaurants.

I'll look for my St Kitts photos and see if I can post them. I know I took photos of the riding area. They may already be there on my uploaded GPS slideshow. Let me check.

You might also google horseback riding St Kitts and see if there's a reference to riding on Cockleshell Beach. That's a nice beach, and you can hike a little bit, I think. I was alone, so I didn't go too far off the beach, but I did climb over the rocks and conversed with a local fisherman.

Yes, the photo of the riding area's sign is on my GPS map of the beach. I'm trying to create these GPS/slideshows for as many beaches as I can so I can put them in my travel blog.

I haven't added captions/descriptions for the photos yet, but I walked from one end of Cockleshell to the other so the app would measure the beach, and I took photos as I walked.

Here's the link.

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=1407035

It was nice during off-season, but not sure how it would be in season. It was very nice in September, because it wasn't crowded and prices for chairs/umbrellas/massages/beverages were probably lower than they would be in season.

Archived