What to do in Toulon???

AerynSun_JohnCrighton

Any suggestions?

We like vineyards/wine, we like castles/medieval structures...

Thanks,

Meg

We were there in Oct 2011 on RCCL Voyager and did Provence Wine Tours.

Gaetane met us at the dock in La Seyne-Sur-mer aliitle after 9am. She was aware that our ship did not dock in Toulon as scheduled without a phone call from us. Gaetane was very friendly and extremely knowledgeable about the area and the wineries we visited. We toured 1 winery in Cassis and another in Bandol in the morning and then we had 1 1/2 hours for lunch and shopping in a cute fishing town, Cassis. After lunch she drove to Cape Canaille where the group looked down from beautiful cliffs on Provence. Then we went to another winery in Cassis. It was a great, fun, relaxing and educational day, especially after days in Pompeii, Rome, and Florence. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Do you mind telling me if this was a ship excursion or something you booked yourself. If you booked this yourself, do you have a website for booking.

Thanks for your help

We were having a difficult time planning what to do in this port. A couple that was on our RCCL Voyager rollcall asked if we would be interested in joining them. I researched it on trip advisor and it got great reviews so we gave it a shot. It ended up being three couples from the rollcall. We had a great time, and we couldn't have planned it any better because we needed a relaxing day after 3 port intensive days. Here is the website: http://www.provencewinetours.com

We were having a difficult time planning what to do in this port. A couple that was on our RCCL Voyager rollcall asked if we would be interested in joining them. I researched it on trip advisor and it got great reviews so we gave it a shot. It ended up being three couples from the rollcall. We had a great time, and we couldn't have planned it any better because we needed a relaxing day after 3 port intensive days. Here is the website: www.provencewinetours.com

that sounds really interesting but their website just lists trnsfers from airport and Marseille hotels-how much did you end up paying for a tour from the port?

We were having a difficult time planning what to do in this port. A couple that was on our RCCL Voyager rollcall asked if we would be interested in joining them. I researched it on trip advisor and it got great reviews so we gave it a shot. It ended up being three couples from the rollcall. We had a great time, and we couldn't have planned it any better because we needed a relaxing day after 3 port intensive days. Here is the website: www.provencewinetours.com

Thanks so much for your help. We wil be traveling with 2 other couples, so sounds perfect. I will contact them to set this up. Again, thanks.

that sounds really interesting but their website just lists trnsfers from airport and Marseille hotels-how much did you end up paying for a tour from the port?

You just have to email them for pickup at a different port. They charged us 90 Euros in Oct 2011; I'm not sure if the rate will go up in 2012 due to the cost of gas. It was a wonderful day.

Thanks so much for your help. We wil be traveling with 2 other couples, so sounds perfect. I will contact them to set this up. Again, thanks.

Glad I could help. I found these boards sooooo helpful in planning our trip and it was an amazing trip. I would not have changed any part of our planning. Hope you have as great a time as we did.

May I ask how long it took to get a reply from Provence Tours? I emailed a number of days ago and have not heard back. I tried to book with Catherine (another popular tour operator) and she was already booked up in May, 2012.

It's of course possible that they are on vacation (or out of season), but the other operator responded almost immediately so I am curious?

Anyone has experience that can share ? Thanks.

Archived