Ventura Transatlantic cabin question

cruiseanywhere2

We have been allocated our cabin on our transatlantic cruise from Barbados to Southampton it's on the Riviera Deck R405, starboard side (an upgrade) I've read on another forum that this cabin is shaded by the overhang from the deck above. Has anyone been on this side of the ship on a transatlantic and how much sun (if it shines) will we get.

In the brochure the overhang only affects cabins from 315 down towards the stern. Some shade will suit me because I am fair skinned and burn easily :(

Being on the starboard side for a West to East Transatlantic crossing inherently means that the Sun will be predominantly on your side of the ship. Having said that, you are correct in saying that there is overhang from the Lido deck above - in fact you are roughly midway below the Laguna pool area above. You will experience shade but only when the Sun gets high enough in the sky to oblique the angle to your balcony - when that happens is very much down to the time of day. Early morning and late afternoon, it WILL get Sun but at least it has not got much strength then.

Archived