Tips from Kids

kellieann5

I just read on another thread that children under 2 do not get 'counted' in the automatic gratuity? I thought it was $11.50 per person regardless of age?

I didn't want to 'hijack' that thread, but this is very important info to me- I want to be sure that I am tipping adequately for the messes that I know my child will create! We generally tip extra anyway- but an extra $20 or $30 isn't going to cover a shortfall of $11.50 a day that we want to tip from my child.

If you prepay tips are not charged under age 2. On board, I have heard of times where they did get charged, and the age must not have been noted... so it has happened that children were charged tips. You can rectify this by going to the pursers desk.

Tips should not be charged UNDER 2. (2 and over are charged)

I just read on another thread that children under 2 do not get 'counted' in the automatic gratuity? I thought it was $11.50 per person regardless of age?

I didn't want to 'hijack' that thread, but this is very important info to me- I want to be sure that I am tipping adequately for the messes that I know my child will create! We generally tip extra anyway- but an extra $20 or $30 isn't going to cover a shortfall of $11.50 a day that we want to tip from my child.

I understand about what you mean the messes two year olds can make. If you are not auto charged for your little one and want to tip I would suggest that either go to guest services and ask that the 11.50 per day be added or give the additional tip to your cabin steward and dining staff directly since they are the ones that will be taking care of most of the messes.

It is so good to see a post about someone wanting to tip for their little one.:) Kuddos to you.

I understand about what you mean the messes two year olds can make. If you are not auto charged for your little one and want to tip I would suggest that either go to guest services and ask that the 11.50 per day be added or give the additional tip to your cabin steward and dining staff directly since they are the ones that will be taking care of most of the messes.

It is so good to see a post about someone wanting to tip for their little one.:) Kuddos to you.

Believe me...between my husband and my daughter....you know that Charlie Brown cartoon of his little friend that has a duststorm around him? Yeah, that's us. (-:

Even with prepaying our tips when we sailed with an 18 month old. THey put the charge back on our sign and sail card.

We then took the cash out at the pursers desk and gave it as cash to the workers. Yes, everyone of the servers/workers were great with her

Archived