Embarkation

heidik

That depends on your room category in part. But this information should be detailed in your cruise documents. It's hard to say exactly!

We had a departure from Miami in March 2009 that was scheduled for 6pm. My recollection is that suite passengers could board from 11am, and the others at 1pm. But sometimes that is 3pm.

So you need to look at your docs.

You MUST be on board two hours prior to departure. That may become more stringent now that Oceania is requiring the boat drill to be held before departure.

I will also say that we've seen plenty of times when non-suite passengers have been permitted to board early. It depends on how many people are already on board. Usually they send you to the Terrace Cafe for lunch until the rooms are ready.

We sat at a table with some non-suite passengers when we boarded our Midnight Sun cruise in the summer of 2010 and they were searching for some missing friends. It turned out that the door was closed between this couple and their friends. Terrace Cafe was full, so the others had to wait.

Mura

If you are flying in to meet your ship (I don't know your destination) you are better off planning on arriving early rather than just in time. It's better to be too early and have to find something to do than it is to miss the ship because of a late flight! That's a big reason that we always come in at least a day early.

But with a 6pm departure, I'd guess the boarding times are more like 11am and 1pm than 11am and 3pm.

Just a guess, of course.

Mura

Archived