Best Cabana on HMC - Suggestions

jus4fun

I have booked a cabana on HMC for May 15th (Ecstasy) and would love some feedback on which cabana to request once we board. It will be me, DH, DS and his GF. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

It depends on your preferences. I like privacy, so I choose one further down the beach. I think 10-15 are the most private and the restrooms are between 9 and 10 if I remember correctly. 1-5 are the most busy since people tend to plop down in the first available loungers they see. They are convenient to the tenders, bars, and kids play area. Finally, I think the middle numbers are the closest to lunch, the music, and a few more bars.

If you have kids and/or like to be where the action is, the lower numbered cabanas would be best. It was more crowded by the lower numbers.

There are restrooms between cabanas 9 and 10 (as mentioned by a previous poster)

The Shipwreck bar is close to cabanas 5 and 6 (I think< I am sure someone here will know for sure)

After cabana #10, the crowd thins out and there is a bit more privacy.

We rented #10 last May and it was nice. There were people in lounge chairs around our cabana, but it wasn't as crowded as it was closer to the lower numbers.

#1 is no good, there is a public pathway that ends right on the porch.

#5 or #6 used to be good until they built that monstrosity behind them.

If I went back now, my attitude would be the higher the number the better.

I think we're going to ask for 7 or 8. No too far away, but not too close to the "action". Close to the bathrooms and not too far away from the food and bar. I'm hoping it will be a happy medium.

It only took about 5 minutes to walk from 15 down to 1 and that was at a slow walk while taking a video of all the cabanas. If you want to go higher it'll only take a minute or two to get to the bathroom and or bar.

It only took about 5 minutes to walk from 15 down to 1 and that was at a slow walk while taking a video of all the cabanas. If you want to go higher it'll only take a minute or two to get to the bathroom and or bar.

Oh really? That's not bad. It's hard to tell from the map exactly how far apart they are from each other. It looks like 15 is WAYYYY down the beach. lol

I'm not too picky really, I just don't want to be where it's really busy. I don't need to be secluded though.

Oh really? That's not bad. It's hard to tell from the map exactly how far apart they are from each other. It looks like 15 is WAYYYY down the beach. lol

I'm not too picky really, I just don't want to be where it's really busy. I don't need to be secluded though.

8-9 or10 then

I think we're going to ask for 7 or 8. No too far away, but not too close to the "action". Close to the bathrooms and not too far away from the food and bar. I'm hoping it will be a happy medium.

We had cabana 7 and loved it... Far enough away from the crowds and loud music but close enough to the food, bar and bathrooms!!!

We always pick #9. Not too close to the crowds, by the bathrooms and have not had a lot of wandering visitors as I have read other have had. Love the Cabanas

That is the one I am leaning towards also for our April trip (although DH wants #8 since it is purple for the Baltimore Ravens :rolleyes:).

To OP- if you would really like to get a feel for the cabanas and where they are located- just look up some videos on YouTube. That is what we have done so I know that while I would not like to be as far out as 13, 14, or 15, I certainly would not want to be in #1-5 due to the crowds. IMO-I think 8, 9 or 10 is close enough to the action for my kids but far enough from the crowds for me :)

Also, you can get a lift from the open air trucks to get to your cabana. We alway choose "violet". Not sure what number it is. :)

When we got on board the Fascination last May (about 12:30pm) we went directly to the Excursion desk to choose our cabana - the highest number available was 4, so thats the one we took.

We were not dissappointed - we did not have a problem with the Ship Bar being too close nor did we feel that the kids area was too close

I just loved that we were there and throughly enjoyed it !! :D

#1 is no good, there is a public pathway that ends right on the porch.

Whatever you do DO NOT get #1...

There is NO privacy!

Actually - #1 is handicap accessible (that's why the path goes to the cabana porch). So, it is actually very good for someone who needs the access and can allow them to visit the island in relative comfort.

Actually - #1 is handicap accessible (that's why the path goes to the cabana porch). So, it is actually very good for someone who needs the access and can allow them to visit the island in relative comfort.

Actually another good reason not to book it -- if you don't need it.

We had #8. Next time, though, we might pick one that was a little more secluded. It was a very crowded day on HMC when we were there and though it was not terrible, it was still fairly crowded. We still had drunk people coming up to our cabana and trying to use it. It was still worth it as it was a very hot day and there is a lot included.

Thanks for all the feedback. I think I might try to get right in the middle and go for 7 or 8. Based on what I can tell close enough to the action but not right on top of everything. Just excited to get one! This will be our 10th cruise with Carnival - platinum, woo hoo. We will also be celebrating our 39th anniversary, Mothers' Day and my 55th birthday (numbers correct got married young). On my birthday last year I celebrated by getting chemo so it will be great to be on a cruise this year! :)

Archived