Need advice on purchasing snorkel and mask

RQINFL

While I have become quite a fan of Amazon, I confess I would have some trouble going to a local sporting goods store, using their time and knowledge to fit a mask all with the knowledge I was going home to order it online. Amazon does not employ people in my community, pay sales and real estate taxes or support various local charities.

While I have become quite a fan of Amazon, I confess I would have some trouble going to a local sporting goods store, using their time and knowledge to fit a mask all with the knowledge I was going home to order it online. Amazon does not employ people in my community, pay sales and real estate taxes or support various local charities.

Well said!

I'd add that the store clerk's expertise in fitting a mask also has value. It, too, should be properly compensated.

Well said.

I wear glasses, but never have a problem seeing when I scuba. Everything is magnified to a certain degree underwater.

Last year while diving in Western Australia I ran into problems because I could not read the guages (not ideal when you are at 20 meters!) because my reading has got bad over the years! This year i bought a bi-focal mask over the internet which has a guage reader section in the bottom quarter, the rest of the lense was normal. got it from this store which is in the UK http://www.bluewatersports.com/ so not helpful I guess but bottom line was they fitted perfectly and had two great dives last week on St Lucia Pitons. My husband also bought a pair as he is short sighted and he had a brilliant snorkel for the first time in years because he could see the fish, finally!!

Archived