Booked ES need to change passenger

aprime23

I did a ES group booking for my daughters wedding in May, I have one person that needs to cancel and one that can replace him. It is before final payment and I paid (deposit) for everyone (father of the bride)

I am reading conflicting past posts some say its $250.00 to change a name, others its only $50.00, others point to Carnival policy that there are no name changes allowed, then others say book the replacement as a third party.

How best to proceed?

I did a ES group booking for my daughters wedding in May, I have one person that needs to cancel and one that can replace him. It is before final payment and I paid (deposit) for everyone (father of the bride)

I am reading conflicting past posts some say its $250.00 to change a name, others its only $50.00, others point to Carnival policy that there are no name changes allowed, then others say book the replacement as a third party.

How best to proceed?

cancel, but save your booking #. Use it to RE-book with the new names. If you haven't made the final payment, it could work. after you've made the final payment, you're STUCK!

With Early Saver, there is no cancellation. So for the person who can't go, they can pay $50 penalty with the remaining deposit held by Carnival for a future cruise (I believe they can hold it for 2 years). You won't get the money back.

The new person can book, but I believe it will be at the going rate.

I wanted to add that I have read some threads where, if you can show that YOU paid the deposit for the cancelling person, they can transfer the money to you (after you fill out loads of paperwork.) I don't know whether you would be able to use that deposit for the new person or only on a reservation with your own name. You should check into that.

Maggie

Yes it would be a straight swap, same cabin

I believe that maggieworkman is correct - with Early Saver - no name changes are allowed.

You could cancel the person that isn't going, Carnival will keep $50, and apply the rest of the deposit for a future cruise (in their name).

Then you could add the new person as a new booking at the current rate.

Jenn

I believe that maggieworkman is correct - with Early Saver - no name changes are allowed.

You could cancel the person that isn't going, Carnival will keep $50, and apply the rest of the deposit for a future cruise (in their name).

Jenn

What you posted above is what I expect to happen, but instead of cancelling first, what would happen if I were to book the replacement as a third party @ roughly 1/2 the current cruisefare THEN cancel the first person just before final payment.

That way I would book the replacement at a lower cost in the same cabin AND I would receive the first persons deposit less $50.00 as a $200.00 FCC since I am the one who actually paid/paying for everything

Kinda sounds like having my cake and eating too but curious if it works that way.

Regards

What you posted above is what I expect to happen, but instead of cancelling first, what would happen if I were to book the replacement as a third party @ roughly 1/2 the current cruisefare THEN cancel the first person just before final payment.

That way I would book the replacement at a lower cost in the same cabin AND I would receive the first persons deposit less $50.00 as a $200.00 FCC since I am the one who actually paid/paying for everything

Kinda sounds like having my cake and eating too but curious if it works that way.

Regards

That would be nice, but unfortunately I don't think it will work that way.

From my understanding -

- you could book the new person at the 3rd person rate, however once the 2nd person cancels, the 3rd person would become the 2nd person and then have to pay the full 2nd person rate at that time. Does that make sense?? Basically, if there are only two people in the room, both have to pay the full rate.

- for the person's who's cancelling, their deposit (after the $50 is taken off) is in their name for a future cruise that they go on. Since it was really you who paid their deposit, there is paperwork to have that money transferred to you, however you can only use it on a future cruise, not this one.

Perhaps Firefly or another of the ES experts can chime in to confirm!

J

That would be nice, but unfortunately I don't think it will work that way.

From my understanding -

- you could book the new person at the 3rd person rate, however once the 2nd person cancels, the 3rd person would become the 2nd person and then have to pay the full 2nd person rate at that time. Does that make sense?? Basically, if there are only two people in the room, both have to pay the full rate.

Perhaps Firefly or another of the ES experts can chime in to confirm!

J

That would be interesting to know for sure however I suspect you are 100% correct, that once a 2nd person ES cancels and drops off the third persons rate rises up to full to cover.

If that is the case, I will leave the booking alone until a couple of days before final payment - just in case of a price drop for OBC then execute a cancel and rebook as in your first post. One can always be hopefull.

THX

Remember also that if you rebooked for three you would have to go to a triple cabin, would not be the same one you have (if that matters). As far as OBC the person staying with the booking would still get their OBC, and the new person booking would get it up until final payment (should it go down) since they would not be on ES.:)

Jenn

This is partially correct. This situation happened to me on my last cruise. The 2nd person on my 5 day cruise had to cancel. Under ES rules I could not get the deposit back. I am to apply $200 of the $250 depost to a future cruise. There was a $50 penalty. Since I provided proof that I paid the deposit, I submitted a form and the $200 will be to my future bookings.

Since I stayed in the cabin the rates stayed the same when I later added a 2nd person to the cabin. I did not pay the current rate for the new 2nd person.

Jenn

Samething.

The 'deposit' goes to whoever actually *Made* the deposit...

example, I booked 3 cabins on my CC... had to CX one person in 2 of the cabins (basicly cx 2 cabins- kept ours)... all deposits came back to me... rebooked (another date) with us and remaining 2 people and had (all 4) original deposits applied, less the 'penelity' (which btw, had to be put on a CC and was NOT deducted from the 'original deposits')

That is interesting, were the rates similar

The current rates were higher. What my pvp explained was if just 1 person is booked in a room the rate is protected. As you know a sigle person in the room pays the 200% sopplemental rate. When you add the 2nd person later all you pay is the government taxes and fees for the 2nd person.

The current rates were higher. What my pvp explained was if just 1 person is booked in a room the rate is protected. As you know a sigle person in the room pays the 200% sopplemental rate. When you add the 2nd person later all you pay is the government taxes and fees for the 2nd person.

That makes a ton of sense, however getting a random carnival rep to understand it that way may be a challenge.

This is partially correct. This situation happened to me on my last cruise. The 2nd person on my 5 day cruise had to cancel. Under ES rules I could not get the deposit back. I am to apply $200 of the $250 depost to a future cruise. There was a $50 penalty. Since I provided proof that I paid the deposit, I submitted a form and the $200 will be to my future bookings.

Since I stayed in the cabin the rates stayed the same when I later added a 2nd person to the cabin. I did not pay the current rate for the new 2nd person.

Just want to thank you for this post..i have $600 in credits for 3 children that we had to unfortunately cancel the cruise..DF and i rebooked and sailed...after talking to my pvp and lots of emails i finally have the form to remitt.....the form name for anyone to ask for (my pvp didnt seem aware of it) is "Request to trans FCC.pdf" there is a $20 fee

once submitted with proof of my paying the deposit the credit will be in my name

thanks

you can change one person for another for a $50 fee.

(if the person is in the same cabin, etc)

Call Carnival for your specific situation...

:)

Not exactly??? :eek: .. if you cancel one on ES, the rest of that deposit can never be applied to the booking, it is held for 2 years.

So, the new party would have to pay a whole new deposit to book after the other person cancels. Why more complicated than the $50 name change fee that every other rate except ES has.

Not exactly??? :eek: .. if you cancel one on ES, the rest of that deposit can never be applied to the booking, it is held for 2 years.

So, the new party would have to pay a whole new deposit to book after the other person cancels. Why more complicated than the $50 name change fee that every other rate except ES has.

Thats not what happened with us...

But I know sometimes it depends on who you deal with :)

Archived