anyone ever rent a suit for their son

ashmac8

We've been lucky enough to get second hand suits from family/garage sales but sadly my son has outgrown his last one. He is growing like a weed so I don't want to invest a great deal into a suit he will likely only wear once.

Tux place on board won't rent to him since we are going out of San Juan. I am considering renting locally (from something like men's warehouse or a tux shop) for him and lugging it with us.

Anyone done this? Thoughts?

Thanks

I went to Men's Wearhouse and they wanted over $200 for the rental (remember you're taking it for 8 or more days). Ended up using outside tux rental service recommended by the cruise line. Tux was delivered to stateroom, way too big despite us providing specific measurements, and alterations were not available on board because... we rented from an outside tux rental service.

Next time -- Goodwill/Salvation Army, clothing consignment stores, Black Suit from Burlington Coat Factory. Check with your local tux rental place about their annual sale, too.

In our experience the boys wear the jacket to walk into dinner and for a photo.

i will look there. I might also try target/ kohls etc. I dont need fancy and in all likelihood he will outgrow it before a second wear.

Thanks

What age? Size?

Ive looked Sears, Dillards, etc has the Vest, Tie, Shirt, Pants combos reasonable...

BuyBuyBaby is where we found the 'whole' suit..which is what I was looking for.

(all around $20-40)

suit.jpg.4ffcc807d056801444a46dca94663e07.jpg

Archived