Explorer - cabin selection question

nycpants

I'm booking a Bermuda cruise on Explorer of the Seas. Been on several cruises before, including this ship. Has anyone ever stayed in one of those balcony cabins that face the back of the ship? Tempted to book one, but not sure if they are noisy or have a less than optimal view versus the other balconies. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

These are call the aft balconies and are among the most sought after cabins. I've stayed in 7388 and 7688 (deck 7 corner aft E1) and the balcony was bigger than the cabin with a 270 degree view. However, there is superstructure in the aft, but for me it just made the view more interesting. Google Bonnie Voyager for pictures of these cabins.

I'm booking a Bermuda cruise on Explorer of the Seas. Been on several cruises before, including this ship. Has anyone ever stayed in one of those balcony cabins that face the back of the ship? Tempted to book one, but not sure if they are noisy or have a less than optimal view versus the other balconies. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

We had three JS that faced the rear of the ship a couple of years ago (I think it was on deck 7). We were pretty disappointed with the view. We thought we were going to be right up against the rear of the ship with nothing but blue waters (durring the day) or total darkess (at night) behind us. This is not the case. The view is pretty obstructed by some frame work and there is quite a bit of distance between the balcony and the edge of the ship (it's hard to explain, but you might get an idea of what I am talking about if you look at the deck plans or look at a picture that shows the rear of the ship). One of the other things we grew to dislike about that area was that there are elevators towards the front of the ship and the middle of the ship, but none towards the rear of the ship.

The second time we were on Explorer, our JS were mid ship with an un-obstructed view off the balcony and much closer to the elevators. We found it to be considerabley more enjoyable.

Many people love aft cabins! I am one of them. However, many more dislike them. It is a very long walk to everywhere on the ship. Those cabins feel more of the ship's motion. There is some vibration. Many people complain about soot on the balcony and they do not want to wipe down the chairs before sitting. The superstructure of the ship blocks/interferes with the view. Your choice! I lOve looking at the wake of the ship!

people either love em, or hate em....

frankly, the view isn't bad...yes if you look down you don't see the ocean..but if you look straight out, you see the wake.

It's a nice view.....not TOTALLY obstructed...just partly.

it is a longer walk...and may be bumpy. You may or may not have soot on the balcony,but if they say that they're going to test the emergency generator, get off the balcony! (big cloud of smelly black soot.....for about 15 minutes...)

i won't go out of my way to book one of these, though i do have an aft balcony for freedom in november...it's big and my peeps can par-tay back there with me!:eek::p:D

Archived