Fantasy 2013 dry dock?

Malibubaby

Has anyone heard anything about a drydock for the Fantasy for January 26, 2013-Feb 8, 2013? We are thinking about booking on the Fantasy in either Jan or Feb due to school schedules and I noticed the last trip in Jan is the 7 night 1/19/13 and the next available to book is 2/8/13. We were considering the 1/19 trip but I heard sometimes the trips right before a dry dock aren't as desirable...

I saw this on another post, today. So I guess it is going in for dry dock?

"According to John Harold the Fantasy is not leaving Charleston. I know that the rumor is that it will be leaving and another Carnival ship will take it's palce. My PVP said that he was told tha the Fantasy wasn't going anywhere and that it was going back in to dry dock at the end of next January for a complete makeover. "

I would love to hear what they are doing while it's in there, if anyone has any details. Think we are going to book the Pride next and then Fantasy after the dry dock. Super excited, love Fantasy and Charleston!

• 2 weeks later...
No Flame, just curiousity... Why would you reschedule your cruise based on the ship going to drydock after the cruise? :confused:

Sometimes the work begins before the ship is actually in drydock. They tend to always be working on the ship anyways during cruises and I just don't know how much more that work will be intensified the week prior to drydock. Same reason I would not particularly want to sail the first week out of drydock. It's really a matter of personal preference:D

Thank you cruisecrazy for your reply!

I gree with balconies or a new ship. My daughter also lives in Charleston. It would be an easy trip there to visit and cruise!

The Legend would look good in Charleston!

No problem! And we actually decided to keep our currently booked date on the Fantasy, we had a great time on her a few weeks ago, and being in Virginia, it's a pretty easy trip down to sail:D I do agree though about missing our balcony, but we manage:rolleyes:

• 10 months later...

Cruisecrazy: We see that you'll be on the Oasis in 2014.... Wow, is all we can say. Nothing, but NOTHING compares! We sailed her in Nov 2010, and have compared it to every ship since then! Sailing the Allure this year. Can't wait!

Until then, Carnival Fantasy in Feb.... :)

We are planning another trip in april. It i our favorite...go figure. We live in Chareston. So clean. Best crew. Nicest people. Oh yeah, we are in the south.

When in April? I would love to meet y'all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruisecrazy: We see that you'll be on the Oasis in 2014.... Wow, is all we can say. Nothing, but NOTHING compares! We sailed her in Nov 2010, and have compared it to every ship since then! Sailing the Allure this year. Can't wait!

Until then, Carnival Fantasy in Feb.... :)

Awesome!!! And as an update, we did not in fact decide to reschedule, we had such a great time on the Fantasy last time can't wait to sail her again in 2 weeks, dry-dock soon or not lol!!!:D:D:D:D

We received information while onboard the Fantasy last fall that when it is placed in drydock this month it will be to 1) Add a Red Frog pub; 2) Add a Blue Iguana pub; 3) Renovate the waterslide and 4) replace all the carpet. We are booked on the 2/8 sailing which as someone else stated, it is the first sailing after coming out of drydock. Also, we were told last year by the captain of the Fantasy that when the new port opens in Charleston they are tentatively planning to add a Conquest class ship. Just passing on what we heard, so don't take it as gospel.

We received information while onboard the Fantasy last fall that when it is placed in drydock this month it will be to 1) Add a Red Frog pub; 2) Add a Blue Iguana pub; 3) Renovate the waterslide and 4) replace all the carpet. We are booked on the 2/8 sailing which as someone else stated, it is the first sailing after coming out of drydock. Also, we were told last year by the captain of the Fantasy that when the new port opens in Charleston they are tentatively planning to add a Conquest class ship. Just passing on what we heard, so don't take it as gospel.

Oh how I wish it were true because I would LIVE at the Blue Iguana but sadly it looks like all they are doing is:

Plans for 2013 Dry-dock

Routine hotel maintenance

Cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work, lighting in lounges and public areas

I really would LOVE to have a Conquest class ship to glance at on my way to work over the Ravenel Bridge. I would be on it in a heartbeat!!!

We'll be on the second week after dry dock, 2/13, so she'll be all buffed and shiny by that point :D I do love my balconies too and wish they'd put some more in at the balcony price...not the suite price ;).

I would love to see a Conquest class ship in Charleston. We've been on the Pride twice out of Baltimore, so trying something else within driving distance would be great.

Wish that were true about RedFrog and Iguana... but theres not sufficient space on the Fantasy for that. One thing's for sure... I'll be on it the first week out of drydock, so I'll be sure and let you all know!

From rumors on this board, Fascination is getting the Red Frog rum bar and the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar. Since Fascination and Fantasy are in the same class, I would assume that if it's true about Fascination that the Fantasy would be getting them as well. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Archived