Fantasy 2013 dry dock?

Malibubaby

There was an update on a carnival forum that was getting the red frog and blue iguanas and playlist production. Also Hasboro and more. I was ecstatic as we are sailing Feb 13. Soooo I called carnival and yes it is true!!! Ill see if I can find the link and post it tomorrow.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/t/255984.aspx

Carnival Fantasy

Dry-dock: 1/26/13-2/08/13

Now On Board

DJ IRIE

To be implemented by end of dry-dock, 2/08/13

BlueIguana Tequila Bar

RedFrog Rum Bar

The Taste Bar

Punchliners Comedy Club & Brunch presented by George Lopez

Playlist Productions

Hasbro, The Game Show

I hope that's true, since my thinking is that if it goes on Fantasy, it'll probably go on Fascination as well, and my cruise on Fascination is getting closer and closer.

I know the Carnival site used to list both the Fascination and Fantasy as getting the Taste Bar and the Punchliners brunch, but then suddenly it was removed from the site.

At this point, there is no use in fretting. Either it will be there when I get on, or it won't. Either way, I'll still enjoy the cruise. I am looking forward to seeing some different things, and there will definitely be some new things on board either way.

We just got back on the 14th of Jan...........they informed us that yes Fantasy is headed for dry dock. The website advertises they will have Hasboro games on the ship in Jan of 2013.....we were told that no that won't happen til after drydock

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off the Fantasy - last trip before Drydock. They did not appear to be doing any work while we were cruising, other than planning (there were a lot of crew meetings - I think prepping for the work details). Also we did dock at 2:00 a.m. rather than the usual 6:00 a.m. I think they started moving the luggage out early so as to clear the stowage area for items they would load for the drydock. The crew had to be back on board by 11:00 a.m so i assume they are high tailing it out early for the dry dock.

I asked a number of crew what was being done in dry dock, and no one really knew. I'm sure if we had asked an officer or cruise director we would have gotten the true story, but didn't get around to it.

Certainly seems that there would be room in some old/underutilized areas on promenade deck (such as the cat lounge) for some of the 2.0 improvements - I certainly hope they do so!

But we had a great cruise. Love this size ship. Missed the balcony though!

I join the others who think that Fantasy is their favorite ship. While on board in November, our favorite bartender, Larry the Legend, mentioned that they would be adding Red Frog and Blue Iguana. We were on the Dream last week - just got back - and did not enjoy the Punchliner menu or the loud comedy show. It was so loud that you could not carry on a conversation with your table mates. I will miss the normal dining room lunches. The Dream is a larger upgraded Fantasy - same architect - and it was very easy to maneuver. Expected it to be a lot different, but it was a wonderful larger version of our favorite ship. Could not believe that there were that many passengers. Everything was great. Evidently there are only 3 female CD's, and both the Fantasy and the Dream have them. We will see how the upgrade went in May.

Awesome!!! And as an update, we did not in fact decide to reschedule, we had such a great time on the Fantasy last time can't wait to sail her again in 2 weeks, dry-dock soon or not lol!!!:D:D:D:D

How was the FAntasy? We sail in 5 days... do you know what upgrades she's getting?

How was the FAntasy? We sail in 5 days... do you know what upgrades she's getting?

Fantasy was GREAT! Just as great as she was last January :) From what I understand it is just a general drydock, no real "upgrades" will be added, just regular drydock maintenance being performed. Even so she is a fantastic ship and you will have a great cruise!:D

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from the Fantasy on 2/19. As usual, the crew of the Fantasy was great.

Hate to disappoint, but no Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, RedFrog Rum Bar, Taste Bar, or Punchliners Comedy Club Brunch.

Dry dock was for routine hotel maintenance: Cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work, lighting in lounges and public areas.

Archived