12- Night Scandinavia and Russia - best times to go?

dvmvet

Well our little family( me and my husband, and our 9 yr old boy) have been on 2 cruises so far: Freedom of the Seas February 2011 and Allure of the Seas December 2012 - loved them both :) but are done with Caribbean for now

We next would like to try the Jewel of the Seas and the 12 night scandinavia and Russia

Our son will be finished school June 21st - So we could make the July or August sailings. Is one month better than the other? This sails from Harwich, England, and we would fly from either Toronto or Buffalo

Is it true that we should wait abit - before booking? We would prefer amidship and probably a balcony but boy its expensive.

Any comments/help welcome

DVMvet

(Rose):)

We booked our 12 night Baltic cruise (RCI Jewel) Aug 20, 2009 for the Aug 11, 2010 sailing and never saw the price go any lower than what we paid...We were also lucky to have gotten JS #1100 an amazing corner aft.. And had great weather in all our ports... Enjoy !!!

Well our little family( me and my husband, and our 9 yr old boy) have been on 2 cruises so far: Freedom of the Seas February 2011 and Allure of the Seas December 2012 - loved them both :) but are done with Caribbean for now

We next would like to try the Jewel of the Seas and the 12 night scandinavia and Russia

Our son will be finished school June 21st - So we could make the July or August sailings. Is one month better than the other? This sails from Harwich, England, and we would fly from either Toronto or Buffalo

Is it true that we should wait abit - before booking? We would prefer amidship and probably a balcony but boy its expensive.

Any comments/help welcome

DVMvet

(Rose):)

July is considered the the best summer month here in Sweden. But you newer know with the swedish summers. Sometimes we get the best weather in late August.

But if I had to pick a month in advance I would choose July.

If you are lucky you will have a beautiful day with +85°F and clear blue skies. A great day to spend in the Venice of the North - Stockholm.

Never been to St Petersburg, but both Helsinki and Tallinn has the same weather as Stockholm.

Have a great cruise!

We did this cruise Aug 10th, 2011.

We are based in Uk (30 mins from Harwich :D) and booked in 2010 as it was our honeymoon, and being a teacher I'm limited to when i can go on hols, so we wnated to guarantee this sailing.

We booked through a well known on line agent. About a month before the sailing we noticed prices had dropped so we managed to upgrade from an outside window cabin on deck 3 to a balcony cabin on deck 8 midship, and got £100 refund too!

We had a whole mixture of weather - overcast but dry, rainy morning and dry afternoon, blazing hot sun followed next day by torrential rain! Like clo (CD) said 'You don't choose this cruise for the hot weather!'

Jewel is a beautiful ship and we loved the whole cruise. plenty to do, and if clo is still CD she is fab.

We booked our 12 night Baltic cruise (RCI Jewel) Aug 20, 2009 for the Aug 11, 2010 sailing and never saw the price go any lower than what we paid...We were also lucky to have gotten JS #1100 an amazing corner aft.. And had great weather in all our ports... Enjoy !!!

We were on same sailing and remember the same about the price and weather. I recommend the Moscow excursion since you can still see St Pete the next day. Awesome.

Ashland I think we were almost neighbors, we were in GS 1600

Might get my vote, we did the same cruise in the early spring, actually the Jewels first cruise that year. Our weather was great, except for St Petersburg, hot one day and torrential rain the next, but still a great experience. It is always a crap shoot on weather. August you will find the air prices down considerably. Do plan a non RC two day excursion. I could go back there in a heart beat, but too many other places to go. I do not know your son, but he might be bored with Many places on that cruise.

We were on same sailing and remember the same about the price and weather. I recommend the Moscow excursion since you can still see St Pete the next day. Awesome.

Ashland I think we were almost neighbors, we were in GS 1600

Did you have an anniversary sign on your door ?..I seem to remember someone back there did since we were also celebrating our 35th....How lucky were we to have had such a beautiful cruise...Will never forget !!!!

Archived