Rainforest questions

knitpurl

Is the Veraqua Rainforest the sameplace where they do the aerial tram?

I am confused..

Our group of 12 wants to do the aerial tram in the rainforest and the Turteugo Canal with maybe a banana plantation and of course lunch..

I have contacted several tour guides..but none are saying that the canopy ride in Veraqua is the aerial tram ride..

Hope I am making myself clear to you..

If anyone can help that would be great..thanks

• 2 weeks later...

When we did Veragua a couple years ago, it had (and I believe still has) an aerial tram ride that goes through the canopy. It's an open car with a roof and seats 8 (I think) in pairs. If there's any rain, expect to get wet; but it's part of the experience. We thoroughly enjoyed it. I hear they also now have a zipline. There is another aerial tram on the West coast of Costa Rica.

Art

• 2 weeks later...

My research shows that Rainforest Aerial Tram is differnt than the gondola aerial ride at Veragua. R A Tram is an hour or longer ride near Braulio Carrillo forest. It takes 2 hrs by bus to get there from Port Limon. Veragua gondola is 10-15min ride. Takes approx 1 hr to get there by bus. I want to do the Rainforest Aerial Tram.

IMHO the Veragua tram is worth it only if you combine it with other activities such as a Tortuguero canal boat ride.

Unfortunately, after we did the tram and exhibits which took over 2.5 hours, a typhoon/monsoon-like storm came in. We were lucky to have our lunch on Playa Bonita because the restaurant had a power outage. We had to forgo our canal boat ride in Tortuguero due to the wind, rain, and near-zero visibility. Good thing we did since we barely made it back to the ship thanks to a powerline that almost came down in front of us and to our van getting stuck in a water-covered chuckhole about a 1/4 mile from our ship. Quite an adventurous day to say the least.

HOWEVER, friends who did the ship's tour to the other aerial tram had an adventure of their own. A tree came down that blocked the road as they were enroute back and they were stuck on the bus for 3 hours! What a day for them as well- they were back at the ship past the scheduled departure time but because it was a cruise ex, the Equinox waited.

Archived