Los Angeles Area Cruisers

joeyanddavid

How far in advance to you book your cruise.  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How far in advance to you book your cruise.

• 30-90 days out. It seems I always book at the last minute
    • 91-180 days out
    • 181 to 1 year
    • as soon as they become avalable up to a year and a half in advance

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there:

Have been reading the boards for a while and thought I would say "howdy." Philip (my partner of 21 years) and I are headed off to our second cruise ever in a couple of weeks - a Baltic voyage on the Crystal Symphony. We can't wait - especially for St. Petersburg!

Our first cruise experience was a family reunion on the Sovereign of the Seas last year. We enjoyed it enough to book another, although we're going from mass market to ultra-lux with no stops in between! We usually like independent land-based travel and have been to China, Japan, the UK, France, Portugal, Italy, Thailand, Australia and French Polynesia.

Anyway, hiya folks!

- Rick -

• 5 months later...

I have not visited this board in quite a while. Did a get together ever happen? Scanning through I was not sure. Partner and I have been busy cruising on mostly Atlantis cruises, but a few others here and there since I last visited the boards.

Are any of you boys going on the short Dawn Princess cruise to Ensenada May4-6, 2008? We have never been on a Princess ship, so it looked like a nice inexpensive get away and way to check out Princess. It is so cheap, should we have an onboard gathering of Southern CA Cruisers? :)

If anyone has any comments about Dawn Princess let me know. I know it is not the newest ship, and Ensenada is certainly not the most exciting destination, but for the price it is hard to pass up!

TBC

Like the name says....2GuysInLA....Valencia/Santa Clarita. Almost 10 years togeather....6 cruises, just got off the Golden Princess and will be on the Diamond Princess to Hawaii on March....Love to see you all on there.

Two Boys Cruising.............Yes, there was a get-together at our house, but it was a bust. Sadly, only one couple showed up. We knocked ourselves out cleaning house to get ready for what we thought would be a large gathering, and we prepared a nice lunch too. Obviously, we won't make another offer to meet at our house again.

About us............We JUST returned from a 16 day cruise on the Grand Princess. It was very port intensive, Quebec City, Corner Brook, Canada, Sydney, Canada, Halifax, St. John, NB, Bar Harbor, Boston, Newport, New York, Norfolk, Baltimore, Charleston, and ending in Ft. Lauderdale. The fall folliage in Canada and the New England states was fabulous. Here in L.A. we don't get much color, so this was a special treat.

Amazingly, there were 73 CC'ers aboard ship (all straight as far as I know, but all friendly nice people). There were 5 (?) meetings but we only attended the first one because we had other things going on.

John, a fun gay assitant cruise director arranged for eight or so FOD gatherings in the Wheelhouse lounge. There were more than a dozen guys that showed up on a regular basis. John provided champagne at one gathering and at another he bought everyone a drink of their choice. On the last formal night John had the ships photographer take several pictures of the group....nice thought.

This was our 37th cruise, but the couple we were traveling with out-ranked us by 68 cruises....can you believe???? They had all their laundry and dry cleaning done 2 days before the end of the cruise because they are leaving in a few days for ANOTHER cruise, so all they have to do is throw the stuff in suitcase and off they go. Do they ever stay home????

J & K

Hi Guys...

Michael and Ray here from Toluca Lake. We have one cruise under our belt and are booked on the Caribbean Princess for next June for a nine day cruise....seems an eternity away. Enjoyed reading all your posts and would love to chat with more of you regarding other cruise lines and/or cruises out of Southern California. The quickie to Ensenada sounds interesting...

Michael

Well that is unfortunate. Nothing worse than working your backside off to have the house ready for entertaining and have low turnout. :(

I have met those couples with massive amounts of cruises under their belts. When you are retired, you can rack up the numbers. We are still hindered by that pesky vacation time limit. ;) We have managed to rack up 29 cruises and have 4 scheduled for next year.

If you want a fun, short and cheap getaway, come along on the May 4-6 Dawn Princess out of San Diego! Desert Duo: Come along! On a two day out of Miami once, we managed to round up a large group and the disco each night was 50% gay. Gather up your friends and let's take over the ship! :)

TBC

Are any of you boys going on the short Dawn Princess cruise to Ensenada May4-6, 2008?

should we have an onboard gathering of Southern CA Cruisers? :)

If anyone has any comments about Dawn Princess let me know. I know it is not the newest ship, and Ensenada is certainly not the most exciting destination, but for the price it is hard to pass up!

TBC

Partner and I have been on the Dawn Princess and it was a nice mid-size ship. Loved the mini-suite. It was also a rountrip from San Juan, Puerto Rico and most of the passengers were P Ricans, but that is the topic por another post and maybe another site.

I will talk to partner and see if he would like to take this cruise. Like you said: Ensenada is not the most exciting destination.

Hey all! Greg and Steve from Santa Monica. We've been together for 12 years and are licensed by the State of California. We did our first cruise last February - Diamond Princess to Mexican Riviera - and really loved it. Only a small handful of FODs, but no detectable homophobia. Met some great people. Our next cruise is on the Crown Princess to the Southern Caribbean on March 8, 2008 - leaving out of San Juan, Puerto Rico. We would love to do one of the gay cruises, but they're a bit on the pricey side - and we had such a great experience on Princess. Good to be a part of the FOD cruising community in LA.

Greg and Steve

Hey gang-

Just back from my 14 day back-to-back aboard the BEAUTIFUL Norwegian Pearl (still in its inaugeral year); did combo Eastern/Western Carib. Had a wonderful time and met some great Cruz Critc people. FOD everynight in the "swankiest" ship lounge (Star Bar) and, unfortunately, kept conflicting with other events at same time, so never had a chance to meet up with others. I did certainly run into a good representation of "family" aboard (with 2400 passengers, what would you expect!!) and met some nice folks here and there. :)

Thinking about doing a transatlantic next year.....NCL has a great Nov 2008 Barcelona to NYC cruise with a few stops in Morroco! Still trying to work that one out!:D

I have not visited this board in quite a while. Did a get together ever happen? Scanning through I was not sure. Partner and I have been busy cruising on mostly Atlantis cruises, but a few others here and there since I last visited the boards.

Are any of you boys going on the short Dawn Princess cruise to Ensenada May4-6, 2008? We have never been on a Princess ship, so it looked like a nice inexpensive get away and way to check out Princess. It is so cheap, should we have an onboard gathering of Southern CA Cruisers? :)

TBC

I was thinking of doing that sailing, then I found the 3 night, May 7th sailing on the Diamond Princess from Los Angeles to Vancouver for only $30.00pp more. I know, no ports but what the heck I can spend a day or to in Vancouver at the end & I haven't sailed on Princess in 14 years. Thought I would give it a go.

Maybe I will do the Dawn too....Hmmmmmmmm

I looked at that one Cruiseguy. I was sticking with the quick drive to with minimal time off work. :) If you have the time, Vancouver is wonderful! If you can fit it in, come on the short one too! :)

OK..I bit the bullet..A friend and I are now booked on the Dawn 05/04/08. I guess I'm taking the week off from work.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived