Motion of the Ocean

BeachBoomer

I have been on three cruises and had a few nights in the 3 cruises where the seas were high, but still had no problems. Some people benefit from having the medications just to know and have that ease on their mind. I know that some people have some problems, I personally don't. It's better to be safe than sorry. Have a great time on your cruise, you'll have a blast!

I would be prepared just in case but wouldn't dwell on it to much.I have never been seasick on a ship and was in the Caribbean (Eastern) in January on the Sun and we had some rough seas to say the least!Pools closed,seasickness bags at every elevator...very,very rough but still,not enough for me to take any medication.

Don't worry about it...be prepared but don't worry about it and you'll have a fantastic time.Have a great cruise!

After 6 cruises I occasionally get a tiny bit quesy if we hit rough seas early in the cruise. I now take Ginger starting early on ebbarkation day and extending to a couple times a day for the first couple days of the cruise. It works great and is not considered a drug. You can buy it at most places that sell vitamins and supplements. I buy mine at the local drug store.

I've experienced smooth sailings as well as rough sailings. Rather than take any chances, I start taking my Bonine the night before my cruise. I've found that taking Bonine at night alleviates drowsiness during the day for me. I used to take my Bonine a couple of hours before I boarded the ship. Over time, I learned that this was not a good thing for me. I noticed that I was always sleepy and in a fog. Since I switched to the night time routine, I don't suffer any side effects and have had a much better cruise experience. I can't say my method works for everyone...I just know it works for me.

We just got off the Sun Princess last Friday after a 10 day Eastern Carribean cruise. The weather was perfect and the seas so calm, we never felt any motion. That's why I like to cruise at this time of year. I always take some dramamine along just in case. Have a great cruise.

If I go out on a sailboat or ferry... I get seasick in about twenty minutes, and I mean with my head hanging over the side! But... I have been on 18 cruises, 14 with Princess and have NEVER gotten seasick... and I've been through some rough weather on those cruises too. I have gotten a little queasy on a few occassions, but NOTHING like REAL seasickness... just enough to want to take a nap.

Get the patch that you put behind your ear so you will not feel any sickness.

A freind with some sea sicknedd history cruised with us a few years ago and used the patch. He became very ill, presuming it was sea sickness. The ship doctor told him it was the patch itself! The Doc switched him to bonine and after half a days rest he was fine the rest of the cruise.

If you do beleive you need the patch, and some do, I'd suggest trying it for a few days sometime BEFORE the cruise to make sure you don't have side effects. The patch is powerful medicine for those with severe sea sickness reactions.

Archived