Am I the only one too Lazy to Lug a lot of stuff onboard?

parrotthead

Nope. We will be bringing:

1 carry on wheelie suitcase for child

1 carry on wheelie suitcase for me

1 carry on wheelie suitcase for grandma

1 backpack containing laptop (which I wouldn't bring if not for the 4 hour plane ride and need for movies to keep a 4 year old quiet and happy), 2 bottles of wine (to keep me happy), and some other assorted junk.

1 child booster for the car (since we can't ride in the cab to the port or hotels without one).

No checked baggage. Nothing.

The end. LOL

I should add that I do bring sports bottles for each of us in our suitcase - I refill at the buffet using a clean glass - I am not big on creating garbage with plastic bottles at home, and feel the buffet water tastes fine. I even made my sons bottles with it when he cruised as a baby. You can get collapsable bottles at Target in the camping/sports supply ... we usually just stick the nalgene hard plastic bottles in our suitcase ... they don't take up very much room, and are nice to fill up once through security at the airport too - no more $5.00 airport bottled water.

For myself, I don't pack and water or cokes.

I am really just a sweet tea drinker... and lots of it,

but on the ship there is none. Just the unsweet instant tea

(from concentrate) so that is what I drink. Sometimes I'll try and

boost it up with sugar and some lemonade, but it just isn't the same

as "real" sweet tea. I just deal with it.

Sometimes in port, I'll buy a coke or two in a bottle,

just to have something in the cabin to drink. I guess this could be called cheap??:confused:;)

I don't care. 1 bottle about the 20oz size will last a couple of days without

going flat or stuff getting in it (like it would in a can)

So last Aug in Progreso, I bought 2 of them.

1 is still sitting on top the fridge at home.

My goal for next cruise will be to walk on the ship with a little

bag to carry my medicine and phone charger and cigs, gum, etc.

(maybe one of those one strap back pack things)

I guess this could be called lazy or care free...whatever:o

No, not cheap - my mom always buys a few bottles of soda at ports too - she says the fountain sodas on board seem flat to her. And a 2 liter or 20 ozer at port is cheap and easy to carry back. I think the op is more referring to people who bring a 24 pack of water, cases of soda, etc.

If someone wants to do this and drives to port so they can do this - more power to them ... I really am just plain too lazy. The thought of carrying that stuff makes me tired. Maybe it is just the past 6 cruises carrying strollers and carseats that has made me a light packer otherwise...

For good sweettea on board - brew a nice strong glass of hot tea, put in several packs of sugar while still very hot (or ask for honey) and pour over ice. It'll be better than trying to sweeten the concentrate.

I am cheap, that's whay I bring on soda and buy a BV bottle or two. If I could afford to buy anything I wanted, I wouldn't cruise Carnival? We save all year and get an inside room at Early Savers rate. We love cruises and find it a cheap vacation for the most part. I carry on my wine as well. The wine is opened the time we step on board, knowing I can't get to my BV bottle till later. Last week I found the Enchanted Forest on the Legend a perfect quiet place to enjoy my first ship hours with wine and a book. With the soda for my rum and the wine I was happy all week, I simply carry a flask of rum with me on board for refills. The wife, daughter and I kept our total combined S&S bill at 26.00.

To each his own, placing a 12 pack on a rolling small suitcase isn't breaking my back.

Archived