Am I the only one too Lazy to Lug a lot of stuff onboard?

parrotthead

With all the talk of smuggleing booze,

and

How Much Soda Can I Bring?

and

Where do you pack your Water ?

It leaves me wondering, Am I the Only One who is just too Dang Lazy to Lug those things OnBoard with me? :confused:

I dont really drink Sodas, so if I want a GingerAle, I just buy one.

If DP wants a Coke, she will just get one from the MiniBar or go to the Bar and buy one when she feels like it.

I do drink a Lot of Water, so I just use the Large bottles from the MiniBar ($4 each, I use about 6/7 on a 5nt cruise) and may get one or two Cold ones from a bar while we are around the ship...

Is it Just me?:o

?????

Thanks for doing this thread! I have always thought that!! I like getting deals but I come on the cruise to relax and trying to figure out how to save a few dollars in the big picture, for me personally, is a waste of time. I still work full time plus we have a business, so convenience and ease is one of my first rules. My time is worth more than a little savings, but if it is someone's thing, go for it!!

and

and

It leaves me wondering, Am I the Only One who is just too Dang Lazy to Lug those things OnBoard with me? :confused:

If DP wants a Coke, she will just get one from the MiniBar or go to the Bar and buy one when she feels like it.

I do drink a Lot of Water, so I just use the Large bottles from the MiniBar ($4 each, I use about 6/7 on a 5nt cruise) and may get one or two Cold ones from a bar while we are around the ship...

?????

Not just you. I am not hauling any of that stuff on board with me.

and

and

?????

Nope. We will be bringing:

1 carry on wheelie suitcase for child

1 carry on wheelie suitcase for me

1 carry on wheelie suitcase for grandma

1 backpack containing laptop (which I wouldn't bring if not for the 4 hour plane ride and need for movies to keep a 4 year old quiet and happy), 2 bottles of wine (to keep me happy), and some other assorted junk.

1 child booster for the car (since we can't ride in the cab to the port or hotels without one).

No checked baggage. Nothing.

The end. LOL

We bring a few bottles of water for me and our wine. We have also brought some Pepsi as my DH likes Pepsi better than coke, but he usually still buys a soda card.

The large bottles of water, to me, are too large to cart around, so in our rolling small suitcase we have the water, wine and occasionally Pepsi. We don't go back to the cabin to get a water or soda or a glass of wine. I take the water when going ashore and pay for water for drinking in the cabin. The wine is used when we want to have a glass when getting ready for dinner or before going to bed sitting on the balcony.

To each his/her own.

I'll be bringing my alotted bottle of wine and a twelve pack of coconut water because it's difficult to find and ridiculously pricey when I do find it. For me, it's no hassle at all, and I'll use the extra room in my wheeled carry on to pack a few gifts when I return.

and

and

?????

I don't like to lug stuff on either. We don't bring sodas...we get kids a soda card and DH and I like the free beverages and we like bar drinks...which we just get at the bar (already made for us and ready to drink...no making them in our room with smuggled booze). I pack light too (and do laundry on the ship...yup, I am that person). I do bring my wine and thus have to bring a carry-on that is not convenient to lug around (I like to get on early...like noonish). I am debating leaving the wine behind for my April cruise...it would be worth the few extra bucks that buying a bottle on the ship would cost me to not have to lug around a tote with a bottle of wine. Though we may be getting on board later this time (I'll be with my mom instead of DH and she's not all that into getting there early). If we get on when our cabin will be ready, then I may as well lug the wine.

I'll be bringing my alotted bottle of wine and a twelve pack of coconut water because it's difficult to find and ridiculously pricey when I do find it. For me, it's no hassle at all, and I'll use the extra room in my wheeled carry on to pack a few gifts when I return.
Never thought to bring canned coconut water, because I've never heard of it.:D

Never thought to bring canned coconut water, because I've never heard of it.:D

It's delicious, and it comes in those 11 oz cartons rather than cans - at least - the kind I drink does. Vitacoco - give it a shot. It's pure coconut water - no additives. Yummm. And the cartons make the 12 pack a little smaller and lighter than canned drinks.

and

and

?????

I drink Diet Rite (no caffeine, no sugar, no salt). It may not be what someone else wants, but I'm on vacation, and that's what I want! The ships don't have it, or usually any caffeine-free diet cola. Accordingly, I bring my own in a rolling carry-on. Two twelve-packs and a wine bottle full of Bacardi, pretty much fills up the bag. (There is also room for red Solo cups, a plastic squeeze lime, and my bathing suit.) If my checked bag is lost, I still have the essentials!;)

Not really much effort at all, getting one out of my cabin refrigerator, compared to going up an elevator, then waiting at a bar for a drink that is "almost" as good for 10X the price. At departure, my now-empty carry-on attaches by tether to my suitcase for easy self-departure.

One final thought:

Enjoy!

For myself, I don't pack and water or cokes.

I am really just a sweet tea drinker... and lots of it,

but on the ship there is none. Just the unsweet instant tea

(from concentrate) so that is what I drink. Sometimes I'll try and

boost it up with sugar and some lemonade, but it just isn't the same

as "real" sweet tea. I just deal with it.

Sometimes in port, I'll buy a coke or two in a bottle,

just to have something in the cabin to drink. I guess this could be called cheap??:confused:;)

I don't care. 1 bottle about the 20oz size will last a couple of days without

going flat or stuff getting in it (like it would in a can)

So last Aug in Progreso, I bought 2 of them.

1 is still sitting on top the fridge at home.

My goal for next cruise will be to walk on the ship with a little

bag to carry my medicine and phone charger and cigs, gum, etc.

(maybe one of those one strap back pack things)

I guess this could be called lazy or care free...whatever:o

We are "one suitcase" cruisers. Really two bags- one carry-on and one backpack per person.

The only beverage we will bring on this next trip is shelf-stable soy milk for DD as she is lactose-intolerant and hates regular milk anyway. I would have done this on other cruises but I never thought of it till now! ;)

Hi Trish - just wanted to let you know how i enjoyed your "shy girl" trip review! Nice to see you on here!

Jean:D

THANK YOU :D I really love hearing about people who enjoyed my review.

Going back to soda, I think i would feel weird bringing it on anyway. To me it would be too much like bringing your own soda to the movie theatre. Awkward.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I don't bring any carry-on water or sodas. I get the soda card, and when I go to the lounge chairs during the day, bring the refillable cut with me to get sodas. When I go out in the evening to a show or to sit in the hot tub in the Serenity deck, I bring my cup filled with soda, and I get it refilled on the way back to the room if I want to order room service.

I do not understand people that bring enough luggage for a month cruise on a seven day cruise. One 26 inch case less than 50 lbs should be enough for two people for a week. Our granddaughter went for six weeks to South Africa to study wild animals for college credits in the outback and brought only what she could carry in a back pack that included cooking gear and sleeping bags, etc.

The most we have taken were two 26 inch plus two small carryon (one is a large couch purse that my wife uses for her carryon that would fit under on a 16 day cruise.

What would these people take on a 16 day cruise in Europe?

I fully intended to bring on some sodas for my last cruise but,.......the more I thought about it, the more I changed my mind. I like to board early and hit the pool area. The thought of sodas sitting out there in the hot sun was not appealing. Guess I will just have to keep buying them!

I do not understand people that bring enough luggage for a month cruise on a seven day cruise. One 26 inch case less than 50 lbs should be enough for two people for a week. Our granddaughter went for six weeks to South Africa to study wild animals for college credits in the outback and brought only what she could carry in a back pack that included cooking gear and sleeping bags, etc.

The most we have taken were two 26 inch plus two small carryon (one is a large couch purse that my wife uses for her carryon that would fit under on a 16 day cruise.

What would these people take on a 16 day cruise in Europe?

I have traveled all over the world with a carry-on sized backback. More recently, I switched to a 22" rolling carry-on, which was my ONLY bag on a 12-day Med. Cruise in April.

That said, when we cruise from Los Angeles (driveable), I bring snorkel gear, sodas, and other "luxuries". In fact, on my cruise earlier this month, I took the most stuff I've ever brought on a vacation (camping excepted). A 22" carry-on, and a 26" suitcase. Loved it, and no hassle at all!

JMHO!

It is ours, not yours, yours if fine, mine is fine.

We are on vacation. We are taking a cruise vacation. We are looking to get away from work. Get away from the details.

We do not lug soda, we do not lug booze, will add a bottle of finer wine if we know we have a special occasion to celebrate.

Otherwise, we are on vacation! Let someone else carry the stuff, let someone else bring me a drink, let someone else carry the luggage.

We are on a cruise.

I'm a little bit lazy but very frugal. Im going to bring some sodas to keep in the room fridge. I will order a bottle (or 2) from BV so we can have a drink on the balcony. I will not, however, be bringing an iron, clothespins, over the door shoe bag, power strip, flashlight, door decorations, etc.

Same here! I love soda and I got excited when I learned I'm allowed to bring some. However, we end up not bringing any because they're heavy lol! It actually helped me cut down on my soda on the cruise and I didn't gain weight as much as I probably would have :D

We had an outrageous bar bill on the Oasis in May!!! I almost had a heart attack. I should have checked during the week to avoid the sticker shock. So, on the Dream over Thanksgiving I thought I would be very smart, frugal and not lazy. We purchased two bottles of vodka fron BV and I brought an entire rolling suitcase full of wine, sodas, mixers, etc. the only thing I didn't bring was a blender. That thing weighed a ton and drove me nuts until the room was ready. Well.....never again. We are going on the Oasis in April and I will again try to get my 12 pack of diet dr. Pepper on by slapping a luggage tag on it, and leaving with porters (it worked before) but never, I repeat never will I drag all of that stuff with me again. I have to admit the bar bill was much less, but I am a lousy bartender and should leave that profession up to the bartenders.

Archived